It is now 4:00 pm EST - The Senate will vote on the two Articles of Impeachment shortly

I could be wrong -but for all the talk about the 1st “Partisan impeachment in history” i do believe this is the 1st time in history that a member of the Presidents OWN PARTY has voted in the senate to remove them from office.

That would make this the 1st bipartisan vote to remove a President from office ever.

3 Likes

Probably. Doesn’t change the fact that it’s silly.

Couldn’t even get a censure out of it.

1 Like

Romney voted to acquit on Article II.

Romney’s vote is of little surprise the two hated each other. I am bit surprised he didn’t get and impeachment vote from Susan Collins. I had it at Manchin voting no and Collins voting yes, but the math is about the same.

Indeed. Welcome to the Idiocracy! :wink:

I disagree on this one. The GOP’s immediate prior nominee for President cast a conviction vote for the next nominee of the party. And the first time ever in history for this to have occurred. History will eventually explain why the GOP transformed from Goldwater and Reagan conservatism into the Trump populism party that turns a blind eye to the destruction of the rule of law and the Constitution, and this will feature prominently in those explanations. In my humble opinion of course.

1 Like

Article II fails by a vote of 47 guilty to 53 not guilty.

Ah damn we have to go back to hating Romney again? I mean he was the cool kid their for like 10 minutes historic even according to some on this thread.

2 Likes

It is my prediction as well. And it frightens me to be honest. When there comes along a President more competent than Trump, wielding this level of power without consequence, could have legitimately devastating results.

Chief Justice Roberts is now formally entering the judgement of the Senate.

Good - That ridiculous charade is now over.

3 Likes

I expect no less from you and if the populace were like you, I might agree. But it’s not. The populace wont care about this bit of history trivia. At least, not until we’re long dead, but unlikely even then. The only way your scenario happens is if the country tacks hard left.

1 Like

I am glad the guilty vote was bipartisan. That needed to happen to ensure that Trump couldn’t say it was just “a party thing.” That was a vital element that needed to happen today.

4 Likes

he will still say it. And his supporters will still repeat it.

You do realize he was acquitted, as in not guilty? One sell out makes bi partisan? Come on.

Sure he can. And will

Well, yes he can - but those who actually look at the vote will know better.

And I, for one, hope the democrats use that as a campaign issue, and keep repeating the vote loud and clear for all to hear.

1 Like

Nope. The congress, if inclined, will enforce their subpoenas through the courts if necessary.

Technically yes.

You are way too optimistic.