Is this really the tax plan that you want?

Oh good lord. Please make it stop.

I’m not gonna sit here in front of God and everybody and make the stooopid- assed claim that either party is good regarding the national debt. That should be an insult to the intelligence of anyone capable of independent thought.

I will not demean myself by making such an idiotic claim.

1 Like

Are we arguing about which party is “good” regarding the national debt? Or are we arguing about which party sucks the least?

Neither may be good, but one is quantifiably worse.

2 Likes

And that depends on which party the person is cheering for. Which is why I refuse to argue about degrees of suckiness. I am more than happy to simply say they both suck. That way, I am always right.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. Facts are facts.

I refuse to argue about degrees of suckiness. I am more than happy to simply say they both suck. That way, I am always right.

Surpluses and cutting inherited deficits by 60% while lowering federal spending as a % of GDP sucks? Because that’s what the last 2 Democrats did…

The National debt didn’t more than double under Obama. Public debt did. But Obama inherited two wars and a terrible economy.

From Politifact:

More debt did accumulate under Obama than all of his predecessors combined, though the biggest reasons for the increase predated Obama.

According to Treasury Department data, Obama entered office with $6.3 trillion in public debt. By the time he left office on Jan. 20, 2017, the public debt had risen to $14.4 trillion — an increase of $8.1 trillion.

Much of the debt increase stems from spending programs like Social Security and Medicare, which are effectively on autopilot and are now paying for a rising number of aging Americans.

If Trump serves eight years, it will eventually be his time in the barrel: Unless and until the United States reverses course and starts paying down the debt, every new president is expected to preside over ever-larger amounts of debt.

Public debt is now over $17.1 trillion dollars under Trump.

I’m not gonna sit here in front of God and everybody and make the stooopid- assed claim that either party is good regarding the national debt. That should be an insult to the intelligence of anyone capable of independent thought.

I will not demean myself by making such an idiotic claim.

At least Democrats attempt to pay for things via taxes. Notice how right after 2012 election, upper income taxes went up and the deficit went waay down. Then GOP and trump take total control and double the deficit in 2 years, at full employment back to 2009 levels after passing tax cuts

Tell George Soros to go out of his way to sponsor laws to inconvenience you :grinning:

1 Like

Did the national debt clock stop or even slow down under the dems? If you truly believe that your politicians are great regarding the national debt, then by all means believe it.

As for me? I have really high standards. And both parties suck. And we’re simply arguing degrees of suckiness. You have zero chance of convincing me otherwise. 50 years of suckiness is enough to convince me.

I will! George an I will be having drinks tonight (he’s buying}.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Unemployment rate dropped further under Obama than under Reagan.

Under Reagan, Unemployment dropped from 7.5% down to 5.3%.
Under Obama, Unemployment dropped from 7.8% down to 4.7%.

How much of the population pay nothing now?
And how much is your share going to increase to pay for the large portion of the population that have no insurance and those that now pay nothing for insurance?
And how much is your portion going to increase to pay for illegals to have insurance?
Because if you have your way you will be paying for their insurance.

Yes, it did since the delicits were being reduced.

I hate to say this. But neither are running for President. And regarding the national debt? Both parties suck. Bigly. :love_you_gesture:

More will be paying if it’s done via a % of payroll or sales tax.

I don’t consider surpluses and 60% cuts in inherited deficits “suckiness”

Which means absolutely nothing. It didn’t do a single thing to reduce the national debt. And on this issue. Both parties suck. :face_vomiting: