Is this immoral or just insulting?

Hi folks! Miss me? Making my rare appearance as I said I might.

What is immoral? Medicare for all. By force if necessary. Folks before you vote for someone who is offering you government insurance ask yourself this question. Is what they are offering as good or the same as the plan that government bureaucrats have set up for themselves? If not, it’s crap. It is insulting to think that somehow politicians and government workers deserve better than us. Why? Why the hell should they get the supersized plan and leave us with junk? Do they deserve it? Hell no! How dare they force us on to a plan that is nowhere close to as good as the one we provide for them. Candidates, give us YOUR government plan or accept the one you want to force on us for yourselves. No more “me first.” If it’s not good enough for you, it’s sure as hell not good enough for us.

2 Likes

I support this viewpoint.

Thank you. Everyone should. It’s just a matter of decency. Doing the right thing.

Providing Universal Health Care is morally the right thing to do. Access to health care shouldn’t be a matter of your socio-economic circumstance.

2 Likes

How is it any more immoral than national security for all paid for by our tax dollars ?

Or even border enforcement for all, including the wall ?

2 Likes

So should the ruling class be permitted to provide nothing but the best for themselves and leave a junky plan for us? Or should they allow us the access to the exact same plan that they have. What would be the morally right thing for them to do?

I support Medicare for All, All as in All. Not a separate government plan for government workers.

1 Like

No. I want a Single Payer plan.

1 Like

As long as government officials are required to use the same plan. This is the only fair way to do it.

2 Likes

I agree 100%.

Fair enough. But that’s not what they are selling. They are promising Medicare for you. Not for them. There is no real Medicare for all plan. Their plan for themselves is much better.

Show your work.

I don’t want to water this down too much by inserting other topics.

So should the ruling class be permitted to provide nothing but the best for themselves and leave a junky plan for us? Or should they allow us the access to the exact same plan that they have. What would be the morally right thing for them to do?

Universal health care means exactly that universal health care with no regard to one’s socio-economic circumstance.

Oh from that standpoint, you’re right. If you want a better plan, pay extra out of your own pocket.

I don’t have any work. I’m not running for office. But I have not heard a single candidate promise to let us have the exact same plan that they have. Have you?

And it’s the same for everybody. No special super-sized plan for government workers and politicians. They deserve nothing better than what they have planned for us.

I wish there was a candidate who was willing to do this. But there is not.

You see, I don’t think you’ve actually looked into it. It took me literally 30 seconds to pull up Sander’s Medicare For All bill [1] and find that the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program will no longer exist:

(b) Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.—No benefits shall be made available under chapter 89 of title 5, United States Code, for any part of a coverage period occurring on or after the effective date.

1. https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/s1129/BILLS-116s1129is.pdf
1 Like

Given your concerns, my suggestion would be to contact all the candidates and let them know of your concerns.