Is this immoral or just insulting?

I’m in favor of that, But He’s not going to be the nominee. And congress will never, ever vote to reduce their benefits. Ever. So the problem still exists. Thanks for researching this.

Which candidates have suggested a “Medicare for all” plan that would give federal employees a better health plan than anyone else?

Their plan is already better than Medicare. People on Medicare often seek supplemental insurance to cover what Medicare does not. I don’t think government workers face this problem.

Can you point to a competing Medicare for All bill that provides a separate super duper health care plan for government workers?

You didn’t answer my question.

Right now, federal employees are covered under private insurance, just like me and you. Should a “Medicare for all” law pass, that would no longer be true.

Nope. Because they don’t need it. Your congressman will not be switching to Medicare.They already have a super duper plan. They will not be giving that up.

There is zero chance that congress is going to vote to put themselves on the same plan as us. Zero. Betcha 20 bucks, they will exempt themselves. They always do.

They have private insurance plans. Are you saying there are going to be private insurance plans still around along with Medicare for All that non-government workers won’t be able to purchase on the individual market? Such a Medicare for All bill would specifically have to have such language. Can you point to a bill with such language?

Otherwise, it’s a complete fabrication.

Congress doesnt have a “super duper” health plan. My health insurance is better than what Congress has.

Could not Agree MORE…I will say we may not agree on Trump…but seriously…If I am going to have to have a Government run and funded heath plan…I want the same one that Indiana Senator Mike Braun gets. He’s my Senator…and he’s no better than I am. I want what he has…or I want to keep my own insurance. I am with you 100% on this.

So your point is that congress and federal workers actually will be giving up their current plan and switching to Medicare? They will have the exact same plan as us. Zero differences? I would love to hear one of the candidates pledge to do this. So far I haven’t heard any.

Wow. I bet you can’t wait to trade that for Medicare. The congressional plan is pretty sweet. Much better than most. Do you think they will give it up and switch to Medicare like you and me? Or will they keep what they have thankyouverymuch.

It would have to depend on the proposed legislation.

The “congressional plan” is whatever plan that particular member of Congress purchases from the Obamacare exchanges. It’s really nothing special.

If they pass a single-payer form of medicare for all, yes. They wouldn’t have a choice.

It’s never going to happen. You will never see a congressman having to schedule a physical or derm exam several months out like you and me. Nope. Sorry Doc. They ain’t giving up a thing. The plan is for you to switch to Medicare. Not them. You can count on it.

I think you might be right. I know progressives want congress to be on the same plan that the rest of us are in that scenario, but that is highly unlikely. That being said, no one should be going bankrupt from medical bills any longer, regardless if congress exempts themselves from the plan.

And you are also correct. If congress simply allows us to have the same plan as them, nobody will go bankrupt. Anything less is insulting.

I have to be honest being able to buy in to Medicare would immediately affect our lives by retiring a couple years early.

No the politicians in DC shouldn’t have better plans. Even though some say they couldn’t do that, I have a hard time believing they’d adhere. I’d like to be wrong.

1 Like

I hope to retire sometime during the next administration. But that could change if the dems win and crash my 401k. The market loves Trump. Personally, I need him to win if I want to retire.

With that said. I’m outta here. I may check back in a few weeks or months down the road. Later all! :wave:

I ■■■■■■■ LINKED YOU THE MEDICARE FOR ALL BILL THAT DOES EXACTLY THIS.

2 Likes

You’ve posted this twice. I also support your sentiment, but it is irrelevant to the point altair is making.