The last health care question anyone needs to ask

They have a private insurance plan. This doesn’t make sense.

This is just a reboot of your previous thread on this topic. Congress would be included in Medicare for All. There would not be some separate plan.

If government is going to force a plan on us it would be immoral to offer a tiered plan. Right?

Unions, government workers, congressmen and private workers should all be offered the exact same choices at the exact same prices. Government cannot be deciding the health care winners and losers. It must be totally equal across the board. No discrepancies. One plan.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

So we get the exact plan that congress gets? Government workers, unions? Word for word? Can you provide anything to support this?

I already did in your other ■■■■■■■ thread. It’s in the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ M4A bill.

Are we just going to rehash this every two months?

I don’t think so. :slightly_smiling_face:
There is no government plan that treats everyone equally. Unions, government workers and congress will have much better coverage than we will get on medicare. You are being fooled of you think they will be taking what they want us to have.

Yes. I want to see just one congressman asked if we will have the exact same coverage and options at the exact same rate that they pay. I want to hear a congressman answer this.

Congressional pensions are very similar to what federal employees get under FERS. It’s a percentage of salary per year of service. The annuity amount is based on the highest three years of a member’s salary, which is then multiplied by a congressman’s years of service and an accrual rate. The accrual rate under CSRS is 2.5%. Under FERS, the accrual rate is 1.7% for the first 20 years and 1% for each year after. They can’t collect until they’re 62 (or 50 with 20 years of service). To collect 80%, they’d need 67 years of service.

Yes, Sander’s Medicare for All does this. It’s the text of the bill. You’re literally denying reality.

1 Like

That’s wonderful. Pensions for millionaires. While the rest of us just hope the politicins don’t screw up our 401k’s. Government greed gone wild. :face_vomiting:

Nope. Not a single member of congress will be on Medicare. Take that to the bank. Better money and influence will always buy better coverage. They not be waiting weeks or months with the peasants for an appointment. I don’t care what the plan says. I’m staying with reality.

There are lots of members of Congress who aren’t millionaires, or even close. Also, they contribute to their pensions the same as any other federal employee. As a reference point, John Boehner’s pension is about 86K annually. Not chump change, but he won’t be buying a Bentley with it either. And he was the Speaker, who was paid more than the rank and file.

So denying reality. It’s literally one of the main items of the bill.

1 Like

When they arrive. Not when they leave. How do they get to be worth tens of millions on a salary of 174K?

We should not be funding pensions for millionaires when we are not allowed to have one for ourselves. They should get the same social security and 401k that everyone else has to struggle with. Why do they deserve more?

Why would they not be? They pay into it like anyone else.

:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

Ever notice when they tinker with social security they always reduce eligibility? When was the last time they reduced their pension benefits? Greeeed. You are a seriously big fan of politicians. Yes?

Obviously you’ve never looked into the net worth of congressfolk. Yeah, some are wealthy, but many are not. And they do pay into (and collect) the same Social Security you do, and they contribute to the same 401K-style program (the Thrift Savings Plan) as other federal employees.

They reduced their pensions at the same time they did for other federal employees, converting from CSRS to FERS. And no, I’m not a fan of politicians at all, but I’m also not a fan of misstating their compensation.