Is this a hate crime?

There’s a lot of them.

Um, I don’t think woke diversity training asks anyone to be inclusive of non-Hispanic whites or elderly.

It’s rather Orwellian, really. Remember the line from Animal Farm, we’re all special here, but some of us are more special than others?

Well, there’s all sorts of diversity in humanity. But some are considered more worthy of diversity and sensitivity and tolerance than others.

3 Likes

How exactly was the customer being rude? Why was she alerted her package had arrived to end up waiting 15 minutes in the lobby for it?

We’ve never had that particular experience with them. Why did the woman have to hang around a lobby while the Amazon driver chatted with another driver?

I hope the woman arrested gets $0.00 Unemployment Insurance. Unemployment may not be available to her as a misconduct discharge in any case.

1 Like

No. Admittedly. But there’s what we’d like to happen, and there’s reality. I’m not going to get into it, I may have mentioned this in here before, but back in 1994 I was charged with aggravated assault. Cleared of all charges.

Did I have to do what I did to the offending behemoth? No. But I chose to do it in my own self defense. Fear can cause anyone to react with the sole purpose of self preservation. I wasn’t taking any chances. I would have used anything at my disposal. So I did.

Would it have been better to let it play out and he get his rightful punishment? Probably. But at the time I thought it would be better for me not to take the punishment. I have no regrets.

1 Like

All about trigger terms and tilted toward minority cases disproportionately. Makes it poor law.

By calling the worker a bitch. It’s uncalled for. I suspect the gps of the worker’s truck alerted the customer. They both are in the wrong, yes the assault is more wrong, but the worker was chatting and the customer shouldn’t have acted rudely either.

2 Likes

“Chatting” while ignoring the customer.

2 Likes

It’s definitely uncalled for. I would even be for the 67 year old woman being charged with “Provoking Words and Gestures” (Not sure it is able to be charged on the civilian side, but it was a charge in the Military).

Should we beat children when they say something we dont like? Just like this woman did? 10 punches to the face and chest for a 8 year old?

If kids are off limits, what about the elderly / frail? Should we beat 85 year olds if they same something we dont like?

What kind of country is this when a 21 year old responds with a MMA style beat down of a 67 year old over a 5 letter word?

1 Like

See, that’s why I’m wondering if the gps of the Amazon worker’s truck alerted the customer. If that’s the case, Amazon needs to change it so the worker clicks a button or scans the package to alert the customer instead, IMO.

1 Like

You think that “libs” are going to defend Amazon?

Still.

A crime? Of course. A hate crime. I don’t think so. I think you have to set out to commit a hate crime. This was someone flipping out. She should be arrested for sure but I don’t think it’s a hate crime.

But ■■■■ amazon. They work their people to death and train their customers era to believe their packages get there in hours on the backs of magical fairies who live their jobs. Meanwhile below could raise all his empoyyees up to a living wage and it would be a rounding error to his wealth.

People - like me- who think Walmart and Home Depot and the other import retailers are bad for America…those guys are pikers compared to Amazon. ■■■■ them.

Those drivers are hustling too fast to have to know where they are going next and click anything.

Plus you are then requiring them to click something while driving which is dangerous or stop and click something which takes time.

My first thought was thank god the driver wasn’t armed because the customer might be dead if she was.

Seems like amazon pays competitive wages.

UPS does it. Ever had to sign for a package?

Incorrect.

Couldn’t count the # of times I’ve been called an ugly, nasty, female dog.

Lost count years ago.

It’s frequent online as a non-supporter of certain causes who isn’t afraid to say I’m not a supporter of those causes.

Got no record of any battery or assault and battery charges.

We’ve become a pretty pathetic nation when one five letter word triggers a full battery, and a 21 year old thinks a woman in her 60s is an appropriate target.

We’ve also become a nation where women get a free pass when Old Sparky would be dusted off for the men. I hope this unemployed cretin has a court date and fails to get even one dime of Unemployment Compensation, even on appeal.

1 Like

Of course.

The motivation to commit the illegal act has to be for racial animosity or some other reason mentioned in the law. It’s a hate crime if the court decides that is the motivation.