Is this a hate crime?

No it is incorrect. There are indeed “magic words”, in fact that is all there is.

Yes.

No, there aren’t.

This is feelings, not how the law works.

Yes there are. How else are they going to prove the hate component?

Show a case prosecuted without “magic words”.

Hate is a feeling.

1 Like

After hearing more about this, there was a verbal altercation that led up to this and just prior, the lady being beaten called the other a “bitch”. Historically…I have witnessed this word to bring out the unwanted side of a woman…of any color. It isn’t definitive enough for me to say yes.

WTH has our society evolved into? I keep hearing the 80s were a better time, I def can agree with that as far as music is concerned.

It’s easy to decide what’s better off when we’re not in the situation. But if I was being attacked, I’d rather shoot than get pummeled. I couldn’t care less if they were over worked.

1 Like

But that’s the point. The only way we can look at it is when we’re not in the situation.

Would the world be better off?

Hate crime? Arguably, yes. But hate crime legislation is stupid. All violent acts come with a little hate.

The Amazon woman shouldn’t have been rude. The 65 year old woman shouldn’t have been rude. They both got a little comeuppance.

I blame the tracker app provided by Amazon. If it is driven by gps, Amazon is asking for these types of altercations. A better solution, if gps is the method by which customers are alerted, let the delivery person trigger the alert.

Why? They stated the incident did not reflect their values & fired the driver.

Respondeat superior

Actually, now that I really think about it, no.

Respondeat superior doesn’t apply to intentional torts.

You sure?

Yeah, unless Amazon told the driver to assault the customer.

Gosh, But Amazon has all the diversity training in the world… How did it fail?

3 Likes

Funny how libs want to sue gun manufacture for crimes committed with a gun but not Amazon.

Why?

Who are you talking about?

Yes…In my opinion the world would be better off.

There is too much “Grey” in our world today with very few clear cut lines that we do not cross. If an over worked 21 year old was killed for attempting to beat the snot out of a 68 year old, then other 21 year olds would learn a lesson that apparently the parents of this 21 year old never taught her. You dont beat senior citizens over language.

If she gets away with this, and it is looking like she will, this is a clear example of “Privilege” on display.

Might want to update.