Is there a wage gap? Probably not

There is nothing great about unions paying people for seniority. You should be paid on performance.

3 Likes

Free choice.

Maybe he wants the welds to hold.

What a piece of garbage. I can work in education and choose to be a football coach, making millions. Another person in the same industry of education is teaching Pre-K and making hundreds. Maybe that person would hate being a coach as much as I would hate being a day care worker. :smiley: (Disclaimer, Iā€™m not a coach if you donā€™t count Monday morning QB)

To a degree. In pay for performance probably 50 percent get rated correctly. 25 percent over rated and 25 percent under rated. Some people end up getting screwed. Because people are flawed. Even bosses.

Pilot unions donā€™t pay peopleā€¦company does. And they do get paid for performanceā€¦every single safe landing

What about the girls? Are they victims of airline sexism? What about the sexist non union companies? Do they target the girls?

I was a manager in a large financial services company and had females working for me. The lead in one of my departments was a black female. I hired her from a half dozen candidates. She was head and shoulders the best candidate.

All of my employees had different levels of experience and were in their particular grade level for a different amount of time. As per company policy, I ranked each individual according to merit; a totem pole of sorts. That ranking determined how much of a merit increase each employee was eligible for. Each department had an allotted amount of money for merit increases, and it was distributed according to that ranking.

I could go on but you get the picture. Under that kind of a salary administration scheme, how could one possibly determine whether or not any one female was getting paid the same as her male counterpart? With 20+ employees working for me, not a single one had the same salary.
There was no possible way to compare someoneā€™s salary with anyone elseā€™s.

In the large companies I worked for throughout my career, they all had pretty much a similar salary administration scheme.

I already told you. Pay scales are open information. Whether itā€™s delta,United, FedEx republic or atlas. Union fought and protected based on longevity and seniority. How many other industries have that?

It amazes me that a group of people who donā€™t care about anything but profit would lose money by hiring men.

2 Likes

Mine is merit.

Exactly. The whole sexism argument is yet another example of DEM manufacturing a problem that only they can solve; with big government forcing everyone to be paid exactly the same - regardless of value they add to the company.

Land the aircraft safely, get paid then longer you do it safely, the more you get paid What more meritorious about that?

And therein lays the complete and utter lack of understanding about how the real world works. :roll_eyes:

Aviation is not the real world? How so?

They could not.

Is that a numerical ranking system? In my opinion forced ranking is the worst scheme ever devised. We have a system where you force rank employees into four categories. Number four being the worst. And there are quotas for each. Quotas for success, quotas for failure. A manager I know rated his dozen employees all between one and three. He was asked who his fourā€™s were. He said he didnā€™t have any. All his people were pretty good. They told him he needed to pick a couple of fours. He had to randomly pick two people and destroy their careers. Iā€™m guessing he picked the ones who would give him the least blow back.

Evil ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

That is a minimum expectation to earn a base salary. I donā€™t do minimum.

I donā€™t know. This isnā€™t about unions or who gets the credit. Itā€™s about the wage gap lie.

What is the maximum? Doing 2 safe landing per 1 takeoff?( Since it would be the opposite of 2 takeoof with 1 safe landing) mean thatā€™s a hell of thing if it could be managedā€¦

Which could be exposed if more industries follows the airline way of being up front and open and clear about pay. Why you be hating information?