Is There A Constitutional Carry Trend Afoot?

I might be wrong

I’ve got a problem with this…

It was not immediately clear Friday whether the Senate amendments survived the conference committee, though Patrick sounded optimistic in his statement that the deal would reflect law enforcement interests. He said the bill "includes the thinking of national gun rights advocates and many in Texas law enforcement and affirms our commitment to protect the rights of gun owners and the safety of those in law enforcement."

Emphasis mine.

We’ve long had this problem here.

I don’t believe it! They passed it! Headed to Abbott"s desk!

Progiest source I know.

2 Likes

Yep, aint it great? Now if they’d just get around to being as constitutionally fundamentalist on every thing else.

It isn’t as clean as I’d like, but it’s damn good.

I’m with you. The police being allowed to stop and question I don’t like.

Am I being detained?
Lawyer
Lawyer
Lawyer
Lawyer

1 Like

Apparently now carrying is enough to detain.

We need to do something about the LE lobby in this state. They don’t have the best record to be making demands.

So they don’t support the police now?

“Associations”

Did you read that article?

1 Like

“Every police officer in Texas supports the right of our citizens to arm themselves for sport, hunting and protection,” he said. “But as with any Constitutional right there comes great responsibility. For the safety of Texas residents, we want to make sure everyone who carries a firearm is well trained, follow basic gun safety measures and understand the importance of responsible gun usage.”

One of the bills, House Bill 1911, would allow Texans over 21 years of age to carry a firearm without the standard licensing. That means it would also eliminate required firearms training.

That’s why the Texas Police Chiefs Association said the bill would pose a threat to all law enforcement officers, along with the general public.

“Citizens would not have to demonstrate proficiency with the firearm, or even basic awareness of firearms safety. At least with the license to carry permit, citizens must demonstrate basic knowledge and an awareness of the laws.”

Nice… Let freedom ring!

1 Like

Here’s a clue about big city police associations here in Texas, but for the rare exception, they endorse Dimocraps come election time.

2 Likes

“He” who said?

Appointed, not elected.

What does it mean to have a firearm license in Texas? Before all of this, I would have assumed that Texas was already CC state.

Nope. We didn’t get LTC very long ago, 1995. And that took the Luby’s shooting in Killeen. We have history.

This lady did the work.

2 Likes

read the article if you are curious.

I did. You’re out of your lane.

Gibberish.

If you read the article you know know who ‘he’ was.