Is There A Constitutional Carry Trend Afoot?

They were scared of him I think. There’s really no reason to open carry when fishing in places like that and nobody does it, like…nobody, except him apparently. The cop was having trouble believing the guy wasn’t there to cause trouble.

They need better training on protecting people’s rights.

1 Like

And even knowing what they are.

1 Like

Yup. I don’t have a helluva lot of interaction with police, but I do get the impression that they are better at it here than a lot of areas however. As long as you don’t piss em off too much lol. They don’t mind beating the crap out of someone if they get a hint of a reason. Even women.

Montana’s governor was busy this week…

3 Likes

I heard on the news last evening that Oklahoma is doing that too.

1 Like

What just happened?

A little more detail from a flaming prog rag.

It’ll have to be cleaned up later…

allow law enforcement officers to temporarily disarm a person who is detained and temporarily strip the permitless carry rights of people accused of certain violent crimes.

Abbott says he’ll sign it if it hits his desk.

1 Like

Yay for doing away with pointless dress codes.

1 Like

There is a new book out, “The Right To Bear Arms” by Stephen Halbrook. The review looked promising.
I’m leery to provide a link to the review due to the lengthy comment section and non familiarity with the site it’s on.
Anyone here familiar with this authors work?
The reviewer states he was quoted in Heller decision and feels in light of the latest 2A case before SCOTUS this new work is timely.

1 Like

Texas will never be the largest “permitless carry” State in the country. Alaska enacted “Constitutional Carry” in 2003. It is also noteworthy that Alaska made it unlawful for any state assets to go toward the enforcement of federal gun laws in 2010 … leading the way for the current trend by several States to become 2nd Amendment sanctuary states.

3 Likes

Guns are carried by people, not polar bears.

It’s not the right to keep and arm bears.

4 Likes

A permit less carry is already approved in Tn and goes into effect July 1st. Glad to see us join the states already with this right. :+1: :grin:

Shut it gloater.

I couldn’t help it. :wink:

1 Like

Already have one.
:blush:

Now see, this is all kinds of wrong.

Can any of you hoplophobes tell us why?

Don’t do this. Ever.

Do you think criminals will carry weapons less regardless of the law? Seriously?

1 Like

Nonsense

3 Likes

Texas House rejected the Senate’s changes. Now it goes to committee to reconcile.

I don’t think it’s going to pass.

Cop lobbyists got involved.