Is There A Constitutional Carry Trend Afoot?

I know it’s mostly just an ignorant reporter, but it is also indicative of pol thinking.

While the bill passed in the house it doesn’t have support from the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police. An association that Lafayette Police Chief Patrick Flannelly serves on as a board member.

“One of our concerns was what are we looking to fix what problem are we trying to solve here because the way that we see it the system works pretty well,” said Chief Flannelly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wlfi.com/templates/AMP%3FcontentID=573874431

Who cares if the Police Chief Club doesn’t approve? Why is that even a consideration.

Nobody cares what you think “Chief”, it isn’t about you. You already have Constitutional carry and no prohibited places. Shut up and have a donut, arrogant ass.

Hmmmm

3 Likes

How many States is that now? 15? 20? I’m finding conflicting numbers on-line.

I knew we were getting close in Tn. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

20 I believe. 6 more and we can impose it on all states.

Come on Texas!

2 Likes

an armed populace is a polite populace… but who can be that accurate with a trigger toe?

Ah, there we go!

5 Likes

I was at a get-together at private home on the occasion of my wife’s high school reunion (that happens every five years). The son of one her classmates said he was packing. I just thought it was weird and sort of creepy. Just me, I guess.

No, it’s not just you. Calling it “packing” is weird and creepy.

I don’t know the lingo. It was in his sock or shoe or something. Could be he’s just a weird dude. He looked a little weird.

He’s an idiot. Stay away from him.

Got it.

Maybe he just got a new job… packing. You sure he was referring to having a gun?

Well, that’s funny. And no. Sneaky called it. He was just a weird dude. Frankly, I wouldn’t want to know him anyway. I guess what struck me was that was the first time that I knew a person in my vicinity that was carrying a gun. Except at camp.

You are around armed people all the time. You just don’t know it.

2 Likes

Yeah. The fact that he brought it up as some kind of brownie point is definitely odd. Most people that carry don’t tell those around them that they just meet.

Reminds me of the type I used to meet around army bases. The “I’m an ex-Ranger/seal…” types that are 22 and obviously couldn’t even pass a basic PT test.

1 Like

Well, I have a machete in my science supply closet, left over from my archaeology days. So there you go. I also have yellow cake uranium, a liter of mercury, a tank of hydrogen gas, a cesium vile, and liquified methane gas. Can I carry all those things?

Sounds like some good news on the Second Amendment front. Oddly enough, it isn’t easy to acquire a firearm here in Massachusetts, but it isn’t impossible either.

And accessing one had tragic consequences for one family in our circle of acquaintance. The only child very recently ended his own life with it.

Turns out he was being treated for depression when mom acquired the weapon & he somehow accessed it. Am a pretty big 2A proponent myself, but do believe sensibility should also figure into the decision to bear arms, and there wasn’t any shown here.

There’s another conceal carry weapon to apply with your town police to acquire, and that’s pepper spray. It can blind and cause severe pain, but when did anyone commit suicide with it?

So, let’s say I’m carrying a uranium compound in the form of a powder (I have quite a bit of that). If I am mugged (I have been mugged), can I throw the uranium powder in muggers face? He may very well die two weeks later. Can you carry uranium?

If that’s all you had available I could see you getting off on it. But I also don’t know the regulations on nuclear material. If it’s legal for you to just walk around with it…