Is There A Constitutional Carry Trend Afoot?

I disagree, you can carry a firearm wearing any cloths you choose. IMHO though the firearm would have to be visible.

This allows private property owners the right to manage their property and either allow firearms to be carried or not. Allowing individuals to legally conceal the firearms would not allow private property owners to evaluate if their rules were being followed.
.WW

You make an assertion in your OP. I ask why you feel that way. You passive aggressively refuse to explain your position. If you think answering direct questions on a message board is “participating in mealy implications” you might need to reassess your level of participation here.

4 Likes

I like this. I am a Hoosier. There would now be no record of my gun ownership. I am now on the same level as the criminals who do not have legal license to carry and kill, like the gang bangers in Gary and Indianapolis.

This is the kind of thing that always carries a potential backfire for non law abiding citizens in that it will put guns in the hands of criminals as well. We run the risk of arming the streets. And if this law is passed, we run the risk of not being able to prosecute for illegal gun ownership when these criminals are caught…Not that Indiana has such a great record of that anyway. Many of these criminals that are arrested, are back out on the streets pretty quickly.

Okay . . .

So I have a gun in a holster on my belt. Long as my shirt is tucked in it’s visible. Today I want to wear a t-shirt and not tuck it in. When I leave the house, I’ve put the shirt on the inside of the holster so it’s visible. Get in the car go someplace, the t-shirt comes to it’s normal position, and if now on the outside of the holster making the gun no longer visible.

I get up today, put my holster on the belt loop to go shopping ect. It’s a nice chipper 20 degrees outside so I throw on my coat. The coat covers the holster.

Those two sinarios in Utah would have run afoul of the Utah Concealed carry law. Our Gov just signed a law doing away with the permit requirment in the state – if I were to open carry, no worry now about the shirt or coat covering the gun.

Here, let me give you a hint . . .

download 1

1 Like

The problem with Indiana eliminating license to carry is that as soon as they cross the state line into Ohio, they are committing a crime. I can roam around freely in 36 states with my concealed pistol. Legally.

I would not recommend this. If you open carry, any armed thief who wants your pistol is free to take it. Bad idea.

just using as an example. I live in a more rural area – and we are getting a lot of urban move in’s. They kinda freak out when they see a ranch hand in wally world with a side arm out in the open.

Fair enough. And the entertainment value of watching libs freak out might out weigh the risk. :grin:

1 Like

Dress code

It was a question, not an assertion. Hence the ?

It’s not a problem.

It is if you get caught. Ohio does not allow conceal carry without a permit.

Then you get a permit or don’t carry in Ohio. Or invoke the 14th.

The trend has been happening for years. We have nearly run out of States who are governed by people who believe in the Constitution, however, so it is bound to peter out fairly soon.

Who the heck are you to tell me that I cannot wear a coat on a cold day? Or for that matter … on a hot day?

2 Likes

Simple question:

It’s 15 degrees outside. How exactly do I carry my handgun in plain sight when I go outside?

1 Like

Logistics are a bitch.

Nonsense. By all means, move.

1 Like

I dunno about that as a general statement. Virginia went bat ■■■■ crazy in the other way.