Is the term "white privilege" a racial slur?

I’ve heard it likened to playing a video game on the easiest difficulty setting. It doesn’t mean you automatically win the game, it doesn’t mean there might not have been other hardships outside of the system impeding your success, and it doesn’t mean you didn’t earn the victory if you do win. It just means you had fewer obstacles relvant to the game system to overcome as you play.

2 Likes

Thank you, that tells me everything I need to know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the majority ethnic group. Which is white people. Distinction without a difference, except I guess to salve the consciences of white people.

1 Like

I mean in my particular case I come from a neighborhood where maybe one out of ten people ever make it out, but i certainly was able to play the “I’m just a good kid in a bad situation” card on marks to get them to help me. When in reality I was serving with both hands and up to more foul ■■■■ than most of the black dudes I knew. But they were the irredeemable thugs.

I’m quite the fly in the ointment for people who deny white privilege. I grew up exactly the same way as black dudes in the hood-worse, really, than most of them-and you only have to walk away as all your black friends get arrested a couple times or get a second and third chance when your black friends get none before you realize white privilege definitely ■■■■■■■ exists.

1 Like

Real Life does not work that way. No one has any special privilege of any kind. Everything is cause and effect. When it comes to the deeper view of reality as it really is one must perceive past, present and future. Then you can see where the blame lies—yourself.

Sure, the majority ethnic group. So what? You ever live in a country where you’re a minority? Of course not. I have. Far less than 1% of the population.

My white privilege didn’t make the trip.

It is the privilege of the majority to make the rules in a democracy (which is what you © claim we are and you © want). Making it “white” is racist. Thank God we actually live in a Republic.

And since it is the privilege of the majority to make the rules, a responsibility to address minority concerns is incurred, in my opinion. A responsibility that has at times not been fulfilled.

Imagine that.

Really, so what. We © don’t need safe spaces :wink:

White fragility is real. And no, that term isn’t racist either. Eagerly awaiting confirmation.

1 Like

Of course it’s racist. And dismissive. And condescending.

1 Like

That was quicker than I thought, but OK.

I was prepared. I’m Woke.

No. On the other hand there are a long list of offensive terms that are considered slurs. In many cases they were considered perfectly acceptable in the past but now they are considered slurs.

Polak is the Polish word for a Polish man. The English cognate appears in Shakespeare and was not offensive then, but it is now.

The term “white privilege” is arguably racist both for whites and non-whites:

If the idea is that black people cannot solve their problems short of white people developing an exquisite sensitivity to how privileged they are, then we in the black community are being designated as disabled poster children.

In a society where racism is treated as morally equivalent to pedophilia, what whites are seeking is the sweet relief of moral absolution. Inside they are pleading, “Please don’t hate me!” And I wouldn’t be surprised if there is an accompanying feeling of purification (redemption, even) that comes with such consultant-given absolution.

That was written back in 2015, but it is even truer today.

Scott Adams claims that he twice left companies after they directly stated said that whites would not be promoted. Is being the target of blatant racism the privilege of being white?

1 Like

The soft bigotry of low expectations. Big believer.

Oh geeze, haven’t heard that one yet. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It’s an interesting discussion.

I see it used as such.

So you believe or perceived you had “white privilege” and got away with worse crimes and “more foul ■■■■■ than your black friends and better able to use the, "I’m just a good kid in a bad situation” to your advantage?

No, it really doesn’t.

The term purpose of the term"white privilege" is twofold. 1. To produce guilt in white people. 2. To produce envy or hatred in those who are not white.

3 Likes