Is the Coronavirus panic really necessary?

Yep, they said he was on Dialysis.

Yes … someone who was in very poor health prior to being infected.

“The patient was a man in his 50s who had “significant, chronic, underlying health conditions,” said Jeff Duchin, health officer for Seattle and King counties, during a CDC press briefing.”

In the mean time " Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year."

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914

Now you can panic.

I’m simply discussing facts and current statistics.

I guess “this is a hoax” really is the new marching orders?

I know quite a few people who would be in the population at high risk if this spreads, and all signs say it will.

The seasonal flu appears to be 20x less likely to be an issue for them. It matters to me.

No you are not. You are bloviating.

And where have I ever suggested that its a hoax? Where has anyone here suggested that its a hoax?

It this continues to spread like the seasonal flu it will be devastating.

No you’re simply fear mongering and furthering the actual hoax, the media over hyping the story for political purposes.

I heard Trump say it, which is why I believe he said it. I believe what Trump says. Apparently you don’t.

Listen to the man sometime. He is my President. Is he yours?

So what? I’m almost 73. Don’t talk to me about not being at high risk of dying from the flu. I may be at less chance of dying from the seasonal flu than from coronavirus, but my chances of catching it are orders of magnitude greater.

For now.

Meh … the world population could use a good purging.

No you didn’t. At best you heard what you wanted to hear rather than what he actually said.

Then you see a tweet that is a lie and start repeating it as though it were gospel.

1 Like

That’s all we have. Anything else is speculation and fomenting panic.

Stay safe!

It’s crazy, can’t even buy hand sanitizer if you want to right now, and it’s just starting to, spread here.

You can blame that on the people who are fomenting panic.

Where is “here”? Are you in Italy or Iran?

It doesn’t seem to be spreading rapidly. It may be completely gone in a few months. We shall see.

We don’t actually know what your chances of catching it are… and I certainly hope they are not high.

The mortality is 20x that of the flu is based on numbers from Wuhan. Flu mortality is .1% of cases. Different Wuhan figures set the mortality rate at 2% (the 20x figure) or 3%. From an epidemiological perspective those figures are worrying. The 1918 flu pandemic had a mortality rate of 2% and that totally overwhelmed the health system.

Now the system is different today, but the US remains there only industrialized country without universal health coverage and I would be more at ease if the coronavirus response was focused on assuring all health professionals had protective gear and sufficient testing was available at minimal cost. These are effect steps in preventing a pandemic. Complaining about media coverage is not an effective step.

Watch the video of the South Carolina rally. Trump’s statement is plain.

The shelves at Walmart, Dollar General, and Eckerd’s are running over with hand sanitizers and anti bacterial soaps.

If you really can’t find them locally buy some Listerine, rubbing alcohol, or bleach. A 3% solution of chlorine bleach will kill any microbe.

I have and yes it’s plain that the tweet was a lie and you people are simply repeating the lie.

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. We did one of the great jobs, you say ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.”

Trump continued: “One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia. That didnt work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost, it’s all turning. Think of it, and this is their new hoax.’”

He never said the virus is a hoax, you swallowed a lie hook, line, and sinker and just repeat it like a parrot.