Is the Biden campaign based on a lie?

Right at the start of the encounter.

And Sneaky is right.

I’m on my property- I don’t have to show ID to prove I live there.

The cop was totally in the wrong.

The regurgibleet coming from this sheep is the loudest of them all…
spidersheep

11 Likes

Which had nothing to do with the reason for the protest

A completely unsupportable fabrication on your part. Bravo for consistency.

No, you don’t. Not in Massachusetts and not in Texas.

Mass. Gen. Laws Ann. ch. 41, § 98

Texas 38.02

Gates was in compliance with the law.

Try showing where the organizers said the protest was about saving the statue and not about advancing the pro-white movement. You can’t

He did not have probable cause. He had the authority to ask the question from the street.

How can one be disorderly in their own home?

By asking. It is illegal to give a false name. He asked. Gates answered truthfully. End of discussion.

1 Like

And you remain wrong. They had probable cause for arrest all along, he had the choice of providing ID before to avoid it or after.

It is the same in both states. “This is my house” won’t keep you from being arrested when they have probable cause unless you can prove it on the spot and are willing to.

Hell, he admitted to breaking and entering because the door was stuck.

By creating a disturbance that leaves the confines of one’s own property.

The arrest was made after it was determined by the police that he was in fact Henry Louis Gates and it was in fact his house.

The police acted stupidly.

3 Likes

Keep those goal posts on wheels, I realize it’s all you have.

The organizers are not responsible for the attendees or for why they are there.

Different people can have different motivations for showing up to protest.

The arrest was made because of interference once the supervisor arrived and for the making a public nuisance of himself for disorderly conduct.

How is that established?

Why were the police still there after it was determined that Gates was who he said he was and it was his house?

No crime had been committed.

You don’t know the law. I do not have to produce ID in Texas even after I am arrested.

There is no requirement for me to produce ID in Massachusetts either.

There is no national ID requirement in the United States.

You are regurgitating myths perpetuated by police academies all over this country.

I do not have to prove myself innocent of police suspicion anywhere, much less on my own property.

5 Likes

I’m asking you since you think it was all cool.

To humble him for getting uppity.

2 Likes

Because he was raising holy hell.

The only reason it was dropped was because Obama interfering, the arrest was completely justified.

If you or I did the same thing we’d have taken the full ride and likely gotten a stiff fine.