Is the Biden campaign based on a lie?

Biden’s campaign opened with a commercial that references the tragic events in Charlottesville back in 2017, and included this statement about President Trump’s response:

That is when we heard the words of the President of the United States that stunned the world and shocked the conscience of this nation. He said that there were “some very fine people on both sides”. Very fine people on both sides? With those words of the President of the United States assigned a moral equivalence between those spreading hate with those with courage to stand against it. And in that moment I knew that the threat to this nation was unlike anything I had seen in my lifetime . . .

The problem is that Biden is repeating a debunked hoax. The President made it very clear that he was not including the neo-Nazis and white nationalists as “fine people” in the confrontations about removal of Confederate statues. Here is a quote that gives that context:
. . .you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. . .
And you had people – and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists – because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists.

Here is a link with the full text of remarks in context:

Biden has repeated similar remarks throughout his campaign, and he repeated the hoax even when
confronted by a reporter:

For defenders of Biden who would say anyone who supports leaving Confederate statues in place is, by definition, a Neo-Nazi or white nationalist then consider this video clip where Senator Biden specifically members of a Confederate heritage group as “fine people”:

Is the Biden campaign based on a lie?

The text of the speech comes from Politifact, a liberal fact-checking group whose trademark is a “Truth-o-Meter” to rate statements on a scale between “Pants of fire” and “True”. For some reason the Truth-o-Meter is absent on the “fine people” question; instead they simply refer people to the transcript. Why would they fail to display the Truth-o-Meter for this statement?

1 Like

This is pure and simple…how Trump has been treated by the media during his entire term. They lie, libs eat, regurgibleet these fed lies throughout their day, wake up and repeat the next day.

All of us have witnessed this right here in Hannity Land and I’ve done my best to point out the sheople. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Fine people do not rally along side of neo-nazis and white nationalists.

10 Likes

Yes, there seems to be a lot of denial about the extent of misinformation and fake news used against President Trump.

1 Like

It’s about politics and winning.

It’s great you are poking holes in Biden’s campaign.

All politicians lie to get elected.

It’s the nature of the beast.

If want examples one need to look further than the current occupant of the WH.

Allan

1 Like

Biden included Antifa counter-protesters in the “courageous group of Americans”.

Does that mean he endorses Antifa violence?

Are violent members of Antifa “fine people” according to Biden?

What does it say about the mainstream media that has been repeating same lie for three years?

Fine people desire to save our nation’s historical monuments and went there to do so. They can’t help it if others came too who may have racist agendas. If you recall, that’s exactly what I said when this took place?

Concerning the racists, they applied for and were granted a legal permit a month before this event took place. There was no violence during their Friday night protest. There was however, after the mayor and governor rescinded their permit, herded them into an awaiting group that came solely to commit acts of violence…and then stood down. ANTIFA was introduced to the nation but you couldn’t even see that…remember? I do. You can choose to look at a small portion of the whole in which to satisfy your internal desire to be considered virtuous but that’s a very small outlook when considering reality.

If one has to go into a lengthy explanation as to why the President failed the easiest test of his Presidency, unequivocally denouncing NAZIs without reservations, then they already have an uphill battle.

The President failed. He had to bring in “both sides” when one of the sides was NAZIs and there was a horrific killing involved.

It is easier to move on than try to convince people that he didn’t fail.

17 Likes

What does that have to do with Biden’s campaign?

That’s what we are discussing. Biden using It.

Allan

1 Like

It’s all so stupid.

1 Like

I love it when this is brought up.

Was it right for Henry Louis Gates to be arrested in his own home after they knew he lived there and then have the charges dropped or did the police act stupidly for arresting Henry Louis Gates in his own home after they knew he lived there and then have the charges dropped?

I think it was stupid for the police to arrest a man who they knew who lived in that house and then have the charges dropped.

You?

2 Likes

The reason the President had the summit was because the officer was in the right, Gates was in the wrong and so was the President’s comment prejudging racism was involved. The beer summit was a Michael Jackson moonwalk for his dumb comments that incited something that is growing as I write this.

liden biden

One can argue if the beer summit was politically good or bad. I personally think that the whole thing was silly theater.

It is also good to know that you feel that it is right for the police to be able arrest someone in their own house after the officer knows that the person lives there and the charges be dropped because there was no crime to arrest him for.

Good to know.

6 Likes

Fine people also don’t burn down buildings and riot and loot. But we can’t say that about the BLM “protests” or we’d be racist.

1 Like

What you should know about me is that I offer officers and first responders the respect they deserve. I do not consider myself so important, that I escalate situations into something they should never be escalated to. If everyone had this same approach, BLM would not even exist and I hope you’re right, that it’s good for you to know this.

On the contrary, the fact that mainstream media and the Biden campaign ad repeat the same lie simply confirms that they are one in the same at this point.

The mainstream media is effectively functioning as public relations for the campaign.

Lack of proper deference is not an arrestable offense.

3 Likes

And when Fox News goes shows a presidential news briefing and the president is railing about biden.

How does that differ.

It’s all political narrative

Biden’s statement will either sink or swim on its own.

Allan