Is the "American Dream" dead? Some look to greener pastures outside the US!

Ya know there are other hobbies out there that don’t involve cruelty to animals.

You could build model World War II ships ya know.

2 Likes

will will have to disagree on that point.

Allan

Even drink mint juleps doing it.

For pieces of ■■■■ who are no better than puppy mill breeders.

The only people who train horses for racing are people who love horses.
The gambling is done by the public.
People gamble on all sorts of things, doesn’t make it cruelty.
Race horses are the most pampered animals on the planet.

You cannot abuse a horse and expect it to race.
That is an oxymoron. A race horse is highly trained and developed and a result of the effort of multiple people who made it happen.
A racing horse doesn’t become so automatically…This takes nurturing and training the opposite of cruelty.
Even after racing their offspring commands huge money.

No, that’s wrong.

2 Likes

:rofl: No.

2 Likes

No. That’s wrong too.

1 Like

horse abuse? you should see how the barrels are abused in training for barrel racing

1 Like

And girl’s knees.

Hold on. I wanted to do something in Biology, and so I went and got a degree. I wanted to get a CMA, too, but was told by my parents to focus on college (and now I have to be more focused on paying off almost 30k of student debt).

Housing prices are up- a 1 BR apartment in a safe part of town will run $1,200-$1,500.

I was rejected from Kroger and CVS (at CVS they stopped being open 24 hrs. so all the night staff had priority) and my neighbor who has years of experience got rejected from Kroger. And, you can’t get a job w/o experience which I lack. There are so many people looking for jobs and not enough to go around. Today, you have to have connections to get your first job- or a rare company that will take compassion on you and train you. But many employers don’t have the time or the money to train.

Transportation is also a major issue for me. My last job I got accepted at wanted me to have my own car which I’m not allowed. Thus, I was let go because they were afraid I couldn’t come in at peak hours.

It’s not just being gullible and unwise with decisions. Some of it really is navigating the job market.

Can you take me with you? I’ll work for you as a butler.

2 Likes

That’s always a possibility. Never know, I might end up on an 80 footer and need the extra crew. I’ll know in about 10-15 more years. :sunglasses:

For future reference though, you could have a fully functioning live-aboard sailboat for at or less than the price of buying a Sprinter van and making a tiny home out of it.

1 Like

Unless they are making a very comfortable six figure salary the economics are bleak:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/middle-class-crunch-rising-costs-threaten-american-dream/ss-AA1nlKZY?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=da1c1ac814594d7886bf16f7a72371b8&ei=58#image=15

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/70-of-americans-are-facing-money-woes-and-here-are-3-reasons-why/ar-BB1lwGR0?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=1a48dd9858d249b2b214f7cab23b6a5c&ei=34

Few, if any, of these migrants showing up at the border will have any shot at living the “American Dream”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/why-is-it-so-hard-to-make-it-in-america-here-s-the-true-cost-of-the-american-dream/ar-BB1lRyfC?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=6af1c72a9c394361bcac3949df13d31b&ei=31

Based on the numbers here one would have to make a salary of nearly $200,000/year.

Lots of countries face similar problems in Dublin, Ireland my two kids have told me they know they will not be able to buy a house here.
But there are thousands of Ukrainians housed for free.
We have changed as a country but the sky didn’t fall down.
I don’t understand this mentality that I will only love my country if it goes back to some random moment in time.
Jeez you guys put a man on the moon can’t you come together and figure it out.

1 Like

Just responding because the thread was bumped up but horse racing is a huge sport and the horses are the athletes.
Can you name another sport that would abuse their main athletes, it wouldn’t make sense.
It might be different there but here it is known as the sport of kings and race horses are treated royally.

thats what the xenophobics said about ellis island.

Allan