Is the "American Dream" dead? Some look to greener pastures outside the US!

Mmmmmmm

Thatā€™s an interesting perspective because all I here from your fellow democrats is that all these people flooding across the border are coming to live the American Dream.

1 Like

The cost of living is the real issue, especially if oneā€™s dream is to have a family and live in a single family home in a suburb. In a place like NJ, $150,000/year would be just getting by:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/an-economic-divide-that-is-widening-almost-one-third-of-americans-earning-150-000-a-year-or-more-report-living-paycheck-to-paycheck-and-many-rely-on-credit-cards-to-close-the-gap/ar-AA1my4g9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9f4591dcbe0548fe9bd16e5b8382a33d&ei=62

3 Likes

No itā€™s not communism. But some version of reaganomics exists in countries with small middle classes and a rich - poor disparstiy

But that being said i misread your post.

So every country.

1 Like

ā€œReaganomicsā€ (cutting the top tax rates) is a misnomerā€¦ the first president to do that was shot in Dallas

2 Likes

Yupā€¦went from 91% top tax rate, down to 65%

You think that is why he was shot?

No he wasnā€™t.
He was shot in the head.

Nah.
The Castro-loving commie who shot him probably shot him because he was a Castro-loving Commie.

Ever since then the other Castro lovers have been trying to blame it on someone else, (always someone on the right.)

Some believe it was a mob hit.

I donā€™t think they are left or right.

lots of American do.

i am just one of millions.

Allan

Itā€™s much more about the cost of living for that ā€œAmerican Dreamā€ in the US:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/my-family-of-four-can-no-longer-live-comfortably-on-230-000-a-year-here-s-how-much-the-american-dream-really-costs/ar-BB1hmDeC?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=d253ca357a5f457e8def48fe0b52ede1&ei=20

1 Like

Betting on horse races is loving gambling, not horses.

competing auctioneers with laryngitis have the best hoarse races

why does it have to be one or the other?

one can gamble on horses races and yet love horse

when i retire i will be working at turfway park with horses.

i have been known to place a bob or two on a given race.

almost all backstretch workers bet.

you are wrong.

Allan

i can give you a long list of horses that i admire in my many years of watching racing.

sorry that you do not share my passion.

Allan

The Gen Zs, Millennials and those in between in my worthless opinion ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  them selves.
They were sold on and bought into the ā€œmust have collegeā€ hype, went into unsustainable debt and got that degree in social basket weaving.
Now too broke to own a home, working jobs that pay ā– ā– ā– ā–  and are forced to live at their parents house.
Some dream and FJB hasnā€™t made the situation manageable either.

This tik tok influencer obviously has no concept of the real world. Yes she can take her American dollars and live a much more laid back life on an asian beach somewhere without realizing everyone sistaining that life aroind her is pretty much living paycheck to paycheck and quite possibly in poverty compared to the life she lives.

And just as a reality check Americans cannot just decide to up sticks and live in a foreign country. Many countries require visas and a significant bank balance. And no Americans cannot claim asylum in other countries.

America is far from perfect but on the whole its a pretty ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  great place to live.

3 Likes

I disagree on your take of some things but on this Iā€™m all in.

1 Like

and you can choose where to live depending on what your thing is.

like the cold, alaska or minnesota will be your cup or tea

warm weather. Florida, california, and hawaii

it goes that way for everything.

you can find just about everything from a liberal haven (Vermont)

to con haven (oklahoma or idaho)

depends on you thing.

the US has everything.

Allan

1 Like