Is Russia-Ukraine Just a Distraction from All the Damaging Durham Material?

I saw this the other day from NewsMax:

But now it’s getting laundered nicely by Maria Bartiromo on Fox, who’s really just asking questions:

“Was this a ruse? Was this whole thing an effort to take attention away from what Hillary Clinton did and what we know to be a complete hoax over this Russia investigation? What are your thoughts? Because I know Jake Sullivan worked for Hillary Clinton and he was one of the people who was pedaling this Russia collusion lie for 4 years. And there he is now with NSA coming up with this hysteria over Russia.” LINK

I was really curious to see what would happen if Russia didn’t invade (or somehow, conflict was avoided and Russia backed down or went home, or whatever).

You see, if that happens (and Russia still may do whatever—who knows?), then Joe Biden didn’t precipitate some horrible Asian conflagration that he can be blamed for (at the very least). Because everything always has to be the worst-case scenario in every way possible; with Democrats, any possible non-non-silver lining must conceal even deeper depravity and mendacity. So what to do now?

No worries: if nothing happens, it only makes Joe Biden and the Democrats look worse because they fabricated this whole thing—the needless hysteria, the unfair characterizations of Putin and Russia, the “drama” to distract from the Durham report. The information coming out is so damaging and terrifying, they’re desperate. It’s extraordinary to watch the back-up story and the ret-con all unfold. If this proves to be a tempest in a teapot, just watch. It’s like a law of physics.

Somehow, I am not making this up.

1 Like

It is all so very stupid

2 Likes

Didn’t she used to be a serious reporter?

When I first saw the NewsMax thing, I thought:

“Wow, that’s dumb. It’s so dumb, I won’t even bring it up here, because right-wingers here will tell me it’s some fringey mischaracterization.”

Now, it will likely become canon in the wingnut expanded universe.

I see that the claim that the Trump White House was spied on… something that Durham did not claim… has stuck.

It is bonkers.

What was it someone said…

“never to admit a fault or wrong; never to accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time; blame that enemy for everything that goes wrong; take advantage of every opportunity to raise a political whirlwind.”

Can you imagine subjecting yourself to hours and hours and hours of this, like my elderly parents do?

I’d love to know who’s down with this take. I mean: I know people here will eat this ■■■■ up, but discussing it could be interesting.

If it scores a point it will get takers.

24 hour News is a cancer on the Nation in General… but this wild fact free speculation with the dumbest members of Congress is next level.

2 Likes

Yeah, we’re kind of ■■■■■■■

Let’s see. Glad I started it early-ish (at least here).

I hate making predictions—especially about the future. But I think we may get some You know, this is what I thought along with The more I think about it, the more it seems obvious. Who knows?

Hope it gets fleshed out a little more.

Some disagreement over what’s being distracted from:

• Durham’s utterly devastating report
  • Taiwan
  • Biden and Trudeau declaring war on their own citizens

Let’s go with: All of them

The Trudeau remarks were particularly ugly. We are used to hearing people talk about politicians unfortunately these days we are starting to hear the heads of government talking about significant percentages of their on population negatively.

Which ones? These ones?

Yeah you’ve always been so against that when it’s not a Republican doing it.

1 Like

No. Not to say that the issue isn’t being overblown by the left media in order to claim some foreign policy victory for the administration when Russia ends their exercises. They will make out like Biden saved us from WWIII.

1 Like

I think anyone here is remotely intellectually honest knows that if the exact same things were happening right now, exactly the same, this board would be mom stop threads about strong respected Trump uniting the world and standing up to Putin. And claiming that Biden would have handed over Ukraine had he won. Everyone here with an ounce of honesty knows that would be the theme here by Trump supporters and the people who are Trump supporters but claim they’re not. And we know who those people are.

1 Like

General Aaron Neckbeard!

What makes you feel Trump would be sending troops?

2 Likes