If NATO membership for Ukraine was a known bright red line for Russia, why did Biden promote it?

I believe that Kennedy was correct in forcing the removal of Soviet nuclear weapons from Cuba in 1962. Nations have the right protect themselves.

Is Cuba now free to station Russian nuclear weapons that target the US?

I see no compelling interest for the US in pushing NATO membership for Ukraine, and I see plenty of compelling reasons for us to avoid war with Russia.

2 Likes

Yes they should have a vote at the same time we should anticipate the likely outcome. There is nothing wrong with NATO saying no the risks aren’t worth it as well. I mean would it have been bad advice from NATO to say “If we do that you likely will be attacked by Russia, are you sure you want that”?

There is a lot of good people in Ukraine Hungary, Romania, Poland. Czech Republic and others who blocked the jihadist immigration in 2015 would take them in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this Bill…it validates everything I’ve been saying. And to think Biden was still pushing Ukraine to join NATO as late as Dec 2021.

4 Likes

Yes, the question is not whether Ukraine has the right to ask for membership…

The real question is whether the US should agree to it knowing that accepting Ukrainian membership would provoke war with Russia.

Has the pretext for economic sanctions against Russia been the real reason for a deadly war in Ukraine?

Does the Biden administration need the sanctions so they can blame Putin for a bad US economy?

1 Like

Gotta have a boogeyman so the defense contractors can get their money’s worth with those lousy senators and congressmen they donate to. They’ve apparently decided to give the Middle East a break for a few years.

1 Like

So we’re back to this being a contrived distraction, but we’ve moved on from the original version. Is Russia-Ukraine Just a Distraction from All the Damaging Durham Material?

1 Like

I haven’t read a lot about “the great reset”,…watched very little discussion of it when it comes up.

That said, it seems to me that some pretty obvious ways to set it off would be to destabilize a nuclear power, and create situations where the population loses confidence in their banking system (see also, canada).

At a time when the world should be united against the maniacs who unleashed a global pandemic that has killed 5 million people, this all seems extremely incredibly unnecessary and destructive.

From a propaganda standpoint, it also carries many of the hallmark strategies used against trump for the past 6 years.

2 Likes

How does it feel knowing that your vote contributed to death, destruction and suffering of Ukrainians?

2 Likes

Yes, war in Ukraine distracts from a host of Biden-related problems.

1 Like

It’s very real every day my wife is calling different friends all over Ukraine they are terrified to leave their apartments.

I ask why haven’t they left to Poland or Hungary they say locals are saying Russians are shooting cars leaving. So yes real people dying and a poor country will be even poorer left in ruins.

America doesn’t get to pick who is and isn’t in NATO that isn’t how it works.

1 Like

Because of Joe Biden.

NATO would not exist without the US.

A new member requires the approval of all members. The US can veto any new membership:

The Parties may, by unanimous agreement, invite any other European State in a position to further the principles of this Treaty and to contribute to the security of the North Atlantic area to accede to this Treaty. Any State so invited may become a Party to the Treaty by depositing its instrument of accession with the Government of the United States of America. The Government of the United States of America will inform each of the Parties of the deposit of each such instrument of accession.

1 Like

Sad…it didn’t have to come to this. We allowed ourselves to be manipulated by EU and interventionist war hawks here in America.

2 Likes

There is no voting to veto.
that isn’t how NATO works.

I think Bill just proven you wrong…again.

1 Like

Canada or Poland could veto new NATO membership as well.

Read the text.

there need to be consensus for all NATO decision, so rejection also requires consensus.
a single country can not end a NATO application they can only slow it down.

NATO does not vote on policy.

NATO does not vote on policy.

as long as some NATO states wish for Ukraine to join their application is valid.

“The Parties may, by unanimous agreement, invite any other European State in a position to further the principles of this Treaty and to contribute to the security of the North Atlantic area to accede to this Treaty.”