Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?

The problem Austin faces is that whereas States Rights are integral to the National Constitution, no such provisions in State Constitutions (so far as I know) allow Municipalities to have power over the State. To the contrary, many States prohibit municipalities from enacting ordinances that conflict with State laws.

Correct.

It would be very much like the State decriminalization of marijuana. The Feds could prosecute those people any time they wanted to … if they wanted to.

I wonder how successful such a prosecution would be if the person who was arrested by the feds for possession of marijuana presented a motion in the federal court for a plea in abatement for lack of jurisdiction.

Keep in mind that it was necessary to pass the 18th Amendment authorizing congress to enter the states to enforce the prohibition of intoxicating liquors. And with the repeal of that amendment by the 21st Amendment, the feds authority to enter the states evaporated.

So, where has the Federal Government be delegated a power to enter the states and enforce a prohibition on marijuana? Without such authority, a federal court would apparently be acting over a subject matter beyond the federal government’s jurisdiction, and such a prosecution would be in direct violation of the Tenth Amendment and the reserved powers of the State.

I couldn’t say, but i do know that even the folks at the Fed DOJ is smart enough to know that they would bring political mayhem down upon them if they started to enforce Federal Drug laws against people in legalized pot States.

Well, that certainly makes sense.

Not sure if anyone posted this already. Going to be interesting to watch. Jews be rebelling.

Super deflection alert!

And what does that have to do with Roe v Wade being overturned? .

It has to do with the consequences.

Their argument is that a part of the anti abortion laws interfere with Jewish faith. Here ya go.

stop trying to derail the subject. The subject of the thread is about Roe v Wade

More bold please. Bigger font too.

You are welcome. Now where was i. Ah yes Jews.

Just a reminder to our detractors!

Overturning Roe vs Wade simply honors and enforces the Tenth Amendment which the States and people therein agreed to, and reserves to the states and people therein control over “ . . . all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State." See Federalist No. 45.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

1 Like

Does overturning Roe vs Wade ban abortion?

Abortion is not free speech. It’s not even an opinion. It’s an action that results in the death of a human being.

2 Likes

They have no case.

“The bill does allow abortion to save the life of the pregnant person or prevent serious injury to them.”

Seems unlikely to succeed.

I agree. But primarily because they also have no standing

pai mei no

2 Likes