Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?

I’m not sure what you are getting at John- can you rephrase the question?

Are you referring to the tenth?

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

Did you miss what I wrote HERE:

“And there we have it once again folks. Injecting political party divisiveness as interesting, rather than what our federal constitution commands, and especially so with regard to enforcing federalism, and the expressed intentions for which the Tenth Amendment was adopted.”

Cities can do that, but good luck preventing the state from enforcing the state laws.

1 Like

Sorry I did miss it- a little sleepy this morning.

Well just as Texas have done some workarounds on federal abortion laws (making it a civil lawsuit issue), Texan cities are finding ways to skirt state law. I just find that interesting. Not sure where it will go- litigation I’m sure.

Well I think there will be ways that Red States will make sure legal abortion is not an option and will shut down clinics, etc.

But I do wonder how they will stop mail order abortion pills, especially if cities don’t see a reason to enforce that law too closely.

Again- kind of like the war on drugs. If law enforcement doesn’t want to enforce some drug possession laws too intensely, how can that be shown to defy state or federal laws?

So now we return to the question asked:

What does the protection of federalism require?

JWK

That where the state makes laws, everyone in that state must obey.

And the federal government keeps its stinking nose out of those matters which, “. . . in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.”

Of course, there are specific exceptions and limitations to such powers, and they are enforceable upon the states by the federal government. One such exception is the Fourteenth Amendment which, e.g., is intended to prohibit State laws which make distinctions based upon race, color or previous condition of slavery.

Are we on the same page now?

JWK

Yeah I have heard you but I don’t think you understand what I am suggesting. Cities can create work arounds that don’t directly flout state law- just as states have used workarounds to federal power without directly flouting their authority. Its been happening since the early days and its a fairly neutral observation. Both parties use this form of “indirect nullification” to meet their aims at a state and city level.

I fully understand what you are suggesting, and it has nothing to do
with the protection of federalism!

What one state and the people therein do with respect to their internal affairs, is not the business of another state and the people therein.

Here’s my prediction if indeed RvW is overturned and sent back to the states. As I noted in another thread only about 1% of women of child bearing age get abortions each year. I would suppose that those 1% who would be affected will likely take one of the following actions. One, be more conscious on using the free birth control options available to them. Two, gain access to the medications that can induce a miscarriage. Three, go out of state to get an abortion and likely get it paid for by some Left-wing organization.

It’s hard to imagine, like you noted, even if two and three are made illegal that these states would have the ability and resources to enforce it. In the end likely not much will change on abortions unless the majority of that 1% of women go to option one.

1 Like

And so, there is no boogeyman should Roe vs Wade be overturned as it should be.

I guess if you mean that Red state women will have Blue states to rely on- sure.

Not in Texas.

Austin can’t …

“direct the city’s police department to make criminal enforcement, arrest and investigation of abortions its lowest priority and restrict city funds and city staff from being used to investigate, catalogue or report suspected abortions.”

My goodness. Will you ever stop fanning the flames with political partisan crap?

We are literally on a political forum discussing politics.

They probably never identified with this man, either, best known as Hawaii Five O’s Danno:

He was another adoptee who even declined to find out about his biological family.

OMG contrary to libs who want the rest of us to believe all of these unplanned babies will be impoverished, unwanted and abused, he was HAPPY WITH HIS LIFE AND HIS ADOPTED FAMILY.

:scream:

Thank you, Msrs. MacArthur and Liotta, for disproving the leftist narrative. May you Rest In Peace reunited with those who loved you from day one.

1 Like

I thought we were discussing “Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?”

JWK