Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?

So? You have a problem with our Constitution’s guarantee to federalism and the States and people in each state being in charge of making the rules over those maters which, “. . . in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State” [see Federalist No. 45]?

Why not simply worry about what goes on in your own state?

JWK

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that is why control freaks detest federalism . . . it is an obstacle to controlling and subjugating the people completely.

Who is the “they” you refer to above?

JWK

They are not “liberals” or “progressives”. They are Authoritarian Revolutionaries, the very kind who took over Cuba and now rule over the people with an iron fist.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh klahoma where the winds go streaming down the plains!!!

49 to go!

Don’t worry, Skny. It’ll take a long time for that to happen, so you’ll still have your beloved abortion access for the rest of your life.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

The question was: Who is the “they” you refer to above?

JWK

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States, respectively, or to the people.

The Oklahoma legislature.

No, they are hoping to criminalize “providing” an abortion.

They don’t have the balls to criminalize getting an abortion.

WW

2 Likes

My apologies and thanks for the correction.

OK. So you have a problem with a State’s Legislature exercising its constitutionally authorized power?

JWK

Nope.

Do you live in Oklahoma? If not, why comment on the lawful activities taking place in the State?

JWK

Because I believe in and support a women’s choice. I have no issue with how Oklahoma is passing laws. I take issue with the laws themselves.

So, as it turns out, you really have an issue with the women in the state of Oklahoma exercising their political choice and helping to set the rules over those maters which, “. . . in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State” ?

Why not simply keep your nose out of their business?

JWK
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that is why control freaks detest federalism . . . it is an obstacle to controlling and subjugating the people completely.

Not at all. If the voters of Oklahoma support this legislation and act accordingly with their votes for representation, then more power to them.

Although …

Less than one-third of Oklahoma voters want a ban on all abortions and only Republicans are deeply divided on the question, according to a poll taken before the state Legislature approved bills this year aimed at shutting down most abortions.

The poll, taken by Amber Integrated in December of 500 registered Oklahoma voters, shows 31% would support a total ban on abortion if the U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; 55% of the Oklahoma voters surveyed did not want a total ban and another 14% were unsure.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/2022/05/22/poll-most-oklahoma-voters-dont-want-total-abortion-ban-governor-kevin-stitt/9836315002/

Also. Holy ■■■■ . This is an online forum. We express opinions here. Calm down.

1 Like

You say you “… believe in and support a women’s choice.” But as it turns out, you really have an issue with the women in the state of Oklahoma exercising their political choice and helping to set the rules over those maters which, “. . . in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State”.

My question was:

Why not simply keep your nose out of the political choices the women in Oklahoma make with respect to those matters which, “. . . in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State”?

Why are you so obsessed with what goes on in Oklahoma?
JWK

Because rights shouldn’t be determined by which state you live in, plus if you really believe that then let PA’s elections alone! LOL!

So, you disagree with our very system of government, and especially federalism, under which the people in each state get to set their own rules by a written constitution approved by the people.

JWK

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that is why the Democrat Party Leadership detests federalism . . . it is an obstacle to controlling and subjugating the people completely.

I see you conveniently cut out my question to you and Yes, I shouldn’t have to worry that I could be arrested for something that is completely legal in my state when I travel to another state. We are one country not 50. The Civil War settled that.

So, you really are adamant in your rejection of our very system of government and federalism, a big tent system in which the people in each of the states get to set the rules under a written constitution.

And, in answer to your comment about me and letting “PA’s elections alone!”, my only concern is for the rule of law to prevail and be adhered to, which is necessary if we are to remain a system governed by the rule of law and not the whims and fancies of whomever is in power.

JWK

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that is why the Democrat Party Leadership detests federalism . . . it is an obstacle to controlling and subjugating the people completely.

It shouldn’t matter. Unless you live in PA you shouldn’t care according to your own words.