Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?

But it does matter! We all have a common interest in observing the rule of law, which is an essential part of our system of government. Of course, there are those who believe in imposing their personal sense of fairness, reasonableness, or justice as the rule of law, and to hell with a written constitution.

JWK

"The public welfare demands that constitutional cases must be decided according to the terms of the Constitution itself, and not according to judges’ views of fairness, reasonableness, or justice." – Justice Hugo L. Black ( U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1886 - 1971) Source: Lecture, Columbia University, 1968

Well, if you want to break it down to a “sense of fairness” I have no doubt that my personal sense of fairness is way better than those who thought it fair to own other people and give women little or no rights.

And what does that have to do with supporting and defending our system of government?

JWK

At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, a Mrs Powel anxiously awaited the results and as Benjamin Franklin emerged from the long task now finished asked him directly, ‘Well, Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?’ “A republic, if you can keep it,” responded Franklin.

Life begins at conception, and that’s a Scientific Fact.

2 Likes

With respect, “Rights” from who? I would really like to understand your point.

Who granted these “Rights” that you are speaking of?

1 Like

You have a lot of research to do before you travel out of state then, because there are thousands of laws that differ state to state, let alone county to county. And as far as the state by state abortion laws are concerned, I’m sure you’ll have no problem finding out where it’s legal and where it isn’t.

1 Like

Not yet. Wait for it.

Who are the “they” being referred to above?

Are you talking about women who want to exercise their freedom of choice to determine the rules which govern the internal affairs of their state?

JWK

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that is why control freaks detest federalism . . . it is an obstacle to controlling and subjugating the people completely.

[quote=“Supreme_War_Pig, post:3374, topic:241935”]

I don’t foresee that happening, but I’m one of the few that have no problem with it. Purposely take a life , forfeit yours. Oklahoma has provisions for rape , incest and the life of the mother.
If killing innocent unborn children isn’t wrong, then why is killing a 2 month old wrong for the same reasons? They will get their day in court and if they can convince a jury of their peers they shouldn’t be punished …

Pixels from your own keyboard:

Let Oklahoma be Oklahoma. Not your circus. Not your monkeys. Not worth your panic.

1 Like

Cool.

And those who claim babies born outside of planning post Roe v Wade will grow up miserable & impoverished must really detest examples like Lebron James—mom raised him by herself—and recently deceased Ray Liotta, God rest his soul.

Ray Liotta’s unwed mom didn’t pursue him with the coat hanger leftists & feminists say will make a comeback. She placed him for adoption and Alfred and Mary Liotta adopted him. One of his early memories was visiting an orphanage and picking his sister Linda:

1 Like

Interesting…

Red states have been demanding that big daddy federal government stay out of their business and make their own decisions regarding laws about abortions.

Can cities say no to the state government and decriminalize abortion?

The city of Austin is attempting to shield its residents from prosecution under a Texas law that would criminalize almost all abortions if Roe v. Wade is overturned — the first push by a major city in a red state to try to circumvent state abortion policy.

And there we have it once again folks. Injecting political party divisiveness as interesting, rather than what our federal constitution commands, and especially so with regard to enforcing federalism, and the expressed intentions for which the Tenth Amendment was adopted.

You apparently have a problem with our Constitution’s big-tent system in which the States, and people therein, get to determine the rules which concern the “. . . lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.”

JWK

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And that is why control freaks detest federalism . . . it is an obstacle to controlling and subjugating the people completely.

So no- no to cities making decisions that skirt state law?

What does the protection of federalism require with respect to that question?

JWK

“If the Constitution was ratified under the belief, sedulously propagated on all sides that such protection was afforded, would it not now be a fraud upon the whole people to give a different construction to its powers?”___ Justice Story

Well I think in this case they won’t openly flout the state law. They simply will not put forth efforts to enforce it. Sort of a nullification by passivity.

I have no idea how that answers the question asked.

JWK

I think of it similar to drug decriminalization efforts. Something like heroin may be a schedule 1 drug and can lead to jail time for possession- but many cities have decided to stop enforcing that federal law by de-emphasizing it.

The question was, what does the protection of federalism require?

JWK