Is President Trump being blackmailed into abandoning fundamental objectives?

That’s demonstrably false. They pay payroll and other taxes. Before any transfers (i.e. welfare), they have a positive tax rate (average rate of 1.5% for the lowest quintile) [1].

1. https://www.cbo.gov/system/files?file=2018-11/54646-Distribution_of_Household_Income_2015_0.pdf

You may very well be right!

JWK

Ironically, there has been an ongoing investigation that would help answer whether the Russians have been blackmailing Trump, but Trump’s supporters have been fighting it hand and foot.

The actions of the President make perfect sense if you logically think about them. Mr. Trump has a ton of negative news stories about him right now. He wants to try to change the narrative, if even only for a fleeting moment. So he makes a huge announcement about withdrawing troops from Syria. That’s why he did that one.

With the caving on the wall and agreeing to the CR, it’s because he never was going to build a wall in the first place. It was a campaign ploy used to get gullible conservatives to back him. And he will continue to try and use it, because most of those same conservatives are too gullible to understand they are being played.

The guy is a conman. I’m not sure why this is such a challenge for the OP to understand. He plays people for suckers and only cares about himself. He is willing to sacrifice our future safety, the lives of countless people, and give an opening to our enemies just to change the news cycle for a day or two. That is the kind of man he is.

Conservatives got played and are now acting like, “I don’t get it. He must be getting blackmailed by Bob Mueller.” Lol

WWII vets must be spinning in their graves. they fought Nazis, were on our side during the Cold War (against commies just like Putin) and started small businesses. and now many of their grand kids give Putin a pass and cheer and back the richest of the rich (to their own detriment).

crazy.

1 Like

Who wins with US withdrawal from Syria, @johnwk2?

Iran, ISIS, Russia thats who wins. Who looses Israel and our allies the Kurds that’s who looses. This will end up being DJT’s Iraq withdrawal moment or Clinton libya moment

1 Like

yep.

pppppppppppppp

I often wonder the same thing. I’m not a believer of wild conspiracy theories, but his behavior since the beginning of his presidency have me wondering.

"we will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the United States. We will bury you from within”
Nikta Khrushchev
Circa 1956.

1 Like

Sad to say but I think you are right!

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media, Yellow Journalism, Hollywood, and a corrupted FBI, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama, would be making license tags in a federal penitentiary

Exactly.

So logically, if one believes, as the OPer seems to, that someone is being “blackmailed”, usually the blackmailer would be the one who gains the most from whatever action the blackmailed person takes.

Right?

1 Like

Presidents have to work within the laws. Some laws give them flexibility and some don’t.

What exactly would he be blackmailed over?

Well, we are certainly seeing the rubes rise to the surface with this GoFundMe project to pay for The Wall.

LOOK! >>>> OVER THERE! >>>>> Hillary Clinton!

These people are probably the same people who are not the least bit upset that their donations to the Trump Foundation were used for Trump’s personal gains.

1 Like

Everybody self deals from their charitable foundation.

And within the law, President Trump has power to veto the continuing resolution.

Let us remember what President Trump promised:

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the cost of building a wall! LINK

I am hereby starting a NuffSaid Charitable Trust Fund where 100% of donations will go towards my mortgage and towards my vacation to Jamaica.

Any willing donors?

You should be happy Hillary is not president. Trump’s not perfect. He’s basically alone. Dems don’t bash each other.