Is one electoral vote from Maine's 2nd district worth the effort to visit?

Ranked choice could help- but even there I suppose it would come down to how many people who put either Trump or Biden first there actually are since I suspect anyone who votes for Biden will rank the other three candidates above Trump and vice versa.

Or at least mose will.

If this is your thought process, I then must challenge your definition of ā€œhigh rollerā€. :sunglasses:

I donā€™t vote based on possibilities. Kamala could possibly become president after Biden is elected, but I am not going to vote based on that. I find Bidenā€™s policies better for me and America than Trumpā€™s policies, one in particular that has led to 200,000 plus deaths and looks to continue into the future.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that rank choice will make a dent in the Presidential election.

It might effect the Senate or the House election.

It was basically put in to keep another Paul LePage out of office. It is more for local and state politicsā€¦ not necessarily for national races.

Makes sense. You really donā€™t want a three horse race without a clear winner.

The media that filled your brain, appreciates greatly that ill thought out conclusion.

Obviously, you must have some alternative facts that you are using to judge our dear president.

Higher unemployment
Exploding Deficits
Pandemic that has killed 230,000 Americans
Civil unrest
Racial tensions
7 trillion in new debt
Lower manafacturing jobs
Higher trade deficts

Other then that, not much

Yepā€¦the positive results Iā€™m personally witnessingā€¦while hearing the mediaā€™s ā€œweā€™re all going to dieā€ daily mantraā€¦and applying logical, common sense systems in place to protect those I employ.

For Trump to come into the 2nd District so late into this campaign speaks volumes of the likely intel on the ground. I wonā€™t be surprised in the least that their red flag remains flying there in Maine come November 3rd.

Also saw a mention of some Senator Collins banners in the orchard article too. Interesting if Trumpā€™s visit in Maine also somewhat favorable impacts her own re-election chances or not.

^^^^^^^^ the results of the media sheoplizing our nation ^^^^^^^^^^^

[quote=ā€œWCD9973, post:48, topic:236561, full:trueā€]

We are talking about one Maine district in this thread. I already provided how here they have fared much better than other places on pandemic impact.

Collins is getting hammered in the ads up there.

The worst ad that they have against Gideon is some weird sex scandal where she didnā€™t speak up soon enough.

It doesnā€™t look good for Collins up there.

There is also a large Coast Guard contingent up in Maine. They didnā€™t appreciate Trump shutting down the government for no reason a couple of years ago.

The trade wars with China has hurt the lobster industry. They are taking a bath from Canada selling the same lobster for less. So that constituency which is generally Republican isnā€™t too happy with the President.

Donā€™t mess with peopleā€™s money.

Amazing.

[quote=ā€œNickN, post:52, topic:236561, full:trueā€]

Yep. Mills hammered it hard.

She has done pretty well at keeping things under control

There has been really good communication to the public from Dr Shah of the Maine CDC about the daily numbers and outbreaks.

I really donā€™t watch the ā€œmediaā€ I have seen many people in my life affected by the virus and some that have died, particularly in April. We need good systems in place, but what we really needed was leadership.

Tweeting ā€œLIBERATE MICHIGANā€ was my last straw. Trump lost any vote he could have gotten.

Letā€™s face no matter what Trump tries his adversaries will spin it to the negative.

The average person sees this POTUS as an outsider of the political arena, yet the POTUS stays focused on doing things for the American people at large.

Here was what Trump attempted a few months ago in Maine:

Trump can not fail - he can only be failed or tricked into thinking he has failed.
amirite???

Yeah. He promised stuff.

I donā€™t think that he was able to deliver.

Promises donā€™t fill bellies

1 Like

I know its hard for some people to understand.
BUt some people, sometimes, care about other people and their country more then just their own selfs.