Is one electoral vote from Maine's 2nd district worth the effort to visit?

Guess who stopped in yesterday at an apple orchard in Bangor, Maine where approximately 3,000 people found their way over there to show their immense support.

So it is clearer than ever at least one candidate in President Trump does not take for granted even one electoral vote.

Please share your predictions and feedback regarding Maine’s 2nd district.

1 Like

I predict it has a more than likely chance of going to Biden.

What has changed since 2016 when Trump won there in that specific region by 10 percentage points to make such a bold prediction this time around?

I think increased turnout and ranked choice voting may help out Biden there. The GOP fought like hell to eliminate the RCV ballot, but they are using it.

Maine daily counts for Covid-19 hospitalizations remain relatively low (less than 25 people on average currently) which bodes better for Trump.

COVID-19 cases in Maine hospitals

In ICUNon-ICU

05101520253035404550556014-Apr20-Apr26-Apr2-May8-May14-May20-May27-May2-Jun8-Jun14-Jun20-Jun26-Jun3-Jul10-Jul16-Jul22-Jul29-Jul4-Aug11-Aug18-Aug25-Aug1- Sept7-Sept14-Sept21-Sept28-Sept6-Oct15-Oct23-Oct

Source: The COVID Tracking Project, Maine CDC • As of Oct. 1, the Maine CDC is no longer updating hospitalization data for COVID-19 on weekends or holidays COVID-19 cases in Maine hospitals

In ICUNon-ICU

05101520253035404550556014-Apr20-Apr26-Apr2-May8-May14-May20-May27-May2-Jun8-Jun14-Jun20-Jun26-Jun3-Jul10-Jul16-Jul22-Jul29-Jul4-Aug11-Aug18-Aug25-Aug1- Sept7-Sept14-Sept21-Sept28-Sept6-Oct15-Oct23-Oct

Source: The COVID Tracking Project, Maine CDC • As of Oct. 1, the Maine CDC is no longer updating hospitalization data for COVID-19 on weekends or holidays

Um. Okay. What does that have to do with Ranked Choice Voting or increased turnout?

2018 turnout plus Maine changed its rules and it’s now ranked choice voting there.

There are five names on the ballot for President in Maine.

This is the hardest working President I’ve ever seen. When you compare just the campaigning of Trump vs Biden…it’s an obvious representation of accomplishments past, present and future…while in office. One is non-stop while the other is…well…“come on man”. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Getting the adulation he so desperately needs from crowds of screaming fanatics is “hard working”.

It explains a lot about what is wrong with this country.

Weird notions of what constitutes hard work.
Weird notions of what constitutes strength.
Style points are counted as substantive delivery.

Sounds about right for this Social Media America.

4 Likes

He sure does work hard at campaigning. I’ll give him that.

5 Likes

Yep- he’s been doing it fo four years.

How else would people know anything’s been accomplished unless he was constantly telling them?

Since there’s no substantive way to tell… :sunglasses:

Evidence that Trump is and WILL work much harder than Biden for the next 4 years.

Every Electoral Vote counts.

:ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

#1 Trump now has a record.

#2 Trump failed the country with poor leadership during a pandemic where 225,000 Americans have died and with good leadership 10’s of thousands would be alive today.

#3 Trump cut revenue for Social Security and promised if reelected he would make the cuts permanent.

There’s 3 off the top of my head.
.WW, PSHS

Psst…

Playing Golf and watching Fox News during “Executive Time” isn’t hard working.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

Style over Substance.

What a voter base hooked on Reality TV hath wrought…

1 Like

Nothing. I merely added a covid-19 context in Maine as the op ed here.

That’s the Biden/lib way…hence the social media giants deleting almost everything that’s positive towards Trump. The traditional way has been labeled stumping…where candidates get out and speak to the general public. While Biden is hidin…Trump has been to four states in one day. His energy level is unrivaled by any candidate before him and when compared to your choice, Joe…Joe is a walking corpse. :sunglasses:

Damn…you regurgibleeted that…very well. It was like CNN vu-all over again. :sunglasses:

If you believe rallies to soak up adulation from his adoring base is “stumping”…

Like I said- Style Over Substance.

And today in a tweet Trump said people who care about 1,000 deaths a day and hundreds of thousands getting long-term complications are losers, while his administration signalling they are giving up are “winners”…and Trump supporters think that’s an attractive message.

Explains a lot…

Speaking of regurgibleeting, please tell us how Trump shut down travel from China again…please do that… :rofl: