Is Omicron a curse or a blessing?

The existing vaccines appear to be nearly worthless at preventing the spread of Omicron, and the symptoms appear to be very mild regardless of vaccination status. A recent booster may delay infection for a couple of months, but the outbreaks in fully vaccinated and boosted populations shows that the vaccines are not going to prevent the Omicron epidemic.

Most cold viruses are coronaviruses. The immune response goes down with time and the viruses keep evolving into new variants.

Are we going to play whack-a-mole with vaccinations forever to protect from a cold virus?

2 Likes

Bill, are you planning to intentionally catch the Omicron virus?

I don’t think anyone is getting much choice in the matter.

1 Like

No, and I am planning on intentionally catching a booster either.

There is good news from South Africa; it looks like it is past its peak number of cases.

“The drop in new cases nationally combined with the sustained drop in new cases seen here in Gauteng province, which for weeks has been the center of this wave, indicates that we are past the peak,” Marta Nunes, senior researcher at the Vaccines and Infectious Diseases Analytics department of the University of Witwatersrand, told The AP.

“It was a short wave…and the good news is that it was not very severe in terms of hospitalizations and deaths,” she said. It is “not unexpected in epidemiology that a very steep increase, like what we saw in November, is followed by a steep decrease.”

1 Like

this cannot be, brandon has assured us that no-one could have seen omicron coming

4 Likes

that depends on whether leftists can succesfully use it to keep us in fear… can’t have the rabble getting out of control

niether do those who get omicron

Credit to whom has been most involved, even from supporting the research: the Fauci virus.

1 Like

Knock on wood it seems to be a blessing if things stand. The latest study out of the UK is showing much lower hospitalizations from this variant, as long as the delta goes away and a new funky delta doesn’t replace it we might be watching the later stages of a deadly pandemic develop into a common coronavirus.

Of course that’s if a deadly mutation doesn’t come along, but overall this is good news.

1 Like

And yet for some reason Reuters puts out a video saying Omicron is just as deadly as Delta.

1 Like

Winter of death. :skull_and_crossbones:

Dear lord I just saw they really said that. It’s looking like the early news about omicron from South Africa could be right that it is milder than delta. We should be happy and the WH should be putting out a little brighter messages.

They could still be cautious and say something like good news recent studies are showing omicron is way less deadly than delta but let’s all stay safe and get vaccinated instead of during the holidays sounding like Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones.

2000 dead in the United States reported on Tuesday.

Allan

Happy over 2000 more deaths, I don’t think that is the correct message right now.

Allan

Where is Biden then. He claimed he could end it.

Maybe he should not have said that. Honesty is the best policy.

2 Likes

non from omicron.

otherwise you’re right, Biden has failed, he sucks

2 Likes

Omicron is now the most prevalent in the United States.

I hope you are right about the deaths caused.

Should be down to almost nothing long term.

Allan

You generally don’t drop dead from covid in two days. Those were no doubt Delta cases.

:rofl::+1:t4:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.10news.com/news/fact-or-fiction/fact-or-fiction-omicron-restaurant-embracing-its-name%3F_amp=true

4 Likes

I want one of those T shirts.

3 Likes