Is Omicron a curse or a blessing?

That’s not from Omicron. Delta is still out there the BBC just released this if this takes hold we should rejoice.

2 Likes

And thus the pandemic changes over to an endemic and it is treated just like the flu. Its going to be a whole lotta meh…

Still not sure if I am going to get my flu shot this year. I’ve yet to get one.

I’ve never gotten one either. Had the flu 35 years ago. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Delta is still at least 30% of the virus in the U.S. according to what the data is showing. Still the new variant omicron is proving less likely to have to go hospital which should be greeted as good news by the WH imho.

I’ll drink to that. Cheers :wine_glass:

I’m hearing now that the omnicron death reported in England, is now being reported as bull feces.

https://www.theshockingtruth.tv/health/first-omicron-death-an-anti-vaxxer-story-falls-apart/

Chinese Wuhan Virus is Chinese Wuhan Virus regardless of which flavor (variation of you will). Wear your mask, social distanc, use Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin, get your COVID vaccine, test yourself every week, enjoy your family and friend vaccinated or not.

The world COVID government is full of bull ■■■■■ anyway.

Let’s go Brandon

2 Likes

I am fully vaccinated with ineffective COVID vaccine and booster, and got my flu shot .

1 Like

Could it be Fentanyl. We have a lot of drugs crossing from Mexico into the US through the Biden open border program.

Fentanyl overdoses are thanks to the open border program. Also COVID catch and release may have caused arise in Chinese Wuhan Virus infections.

Free Tibet, Free Hong Kong

At least Fentanyl is now readily available

I wish i had, I been real sick with covid, everyone in my house is. Too bad we didn’t get the mild version.

1 Like

In the year ending in April 2019, fentanyl overdose deaths outpaced suicides, the second-ranking cause of death in that age group that year, 23,556 to 21,195.

In the year ending in April 2020, fentanyl overdose deaths outpaced suicides, 37,087 to 21,441.

But in the year ending April 2021, fentanyl overdose deaths outpaced the new No. 2 killer, automobile accidents, by the largest margin yet, 40,010 to 22,442.

In the year ending in April 2021, there were 21,335 deaths from the coronavirus in this age group, along with 22,442 from automobile accidents, 17,114 from cancer, and 21,678 from suicide. That adds up to 82,569 deaths, or more than twice the 40,010 deaths from fentanyl overdoses that year.

Yes, they dropped the estimate from 73.2% to 22.5%. Just a small math error.

Either that or the uncertainty in the data is at least +/- 50%.

Trust the experts!

1 Like

Case rates of Omicron are doubling roughly every other day. That is insane. Within a week or so it should be 90% of all new infections.

Yes, within another month or two most of the world’s population will be exposed.

It will be interesting to see the freak out in China. Will they continue to double down on their zero COVID policy?

Or will they just stop testing and declare victory as most of China gets Omicron?

That may work for Chinese citizens, but what will they do when foreigners test positive at the Olympics?

1 Like

good. that would be good

Things are looking good for Omicron effectively ending the pandemic. South Africa has been well past its peak for some time.

London appears to have peaked as well. In both cases there have been no spikes in deaths in spite of the record number of cases.

New York City is expected to peak next week, and the US as a whole is expected to peak within the next two weeks.

The narrative appears to be shifting toward minimizing the political and economic damages from overreaction to the mild Omicron variant. Hospitals are forcing COVID-positive workers to return to work but will not recall unvaccinated workers who are COVID negative. The number of reported hospitalizations are going up since the hospitals have become de facto pox parties from the presence of COVID-positive staff. It is clear that politics are trumping concerns about preventing the spread of Omicron.

Amazingly, New York State is finally going to distinguish between those hospitalized with COVID and those hospitalized from COVID.

Are the actions of authorities admitting that the pandemic is effectively over?

2 Likes