Is Ivermectin an existential threat?

Now you’re saying the doctor said it worked? You’re all over the place.

No…you don’t pay attention. He said to CNN that his doctor prescribed it. Now this doctor’s opinion, in my opinion, exceeds your’s in this area of professionalism and by his actions, deems it works.

Where did the doctor say it worked? If this doctor says it does work, does that make all the other doctors wrong? Why do you trust one doctor over many?

…in his actions of prescribing it. This really isn’t that difficult. Here…come tread water with me in the deeper end the pool of life. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Or Joe found a doctor that was willing to throw Ivermectin into the mix figuring it wouldn’t hurt and might help. His prescribing it doesn’t necessarily mean he feels it works.

Plus, as has been previously stated, Rogan took more than Ivermectin. How can you know that Ivermectin is what cured him? You are just cherry picking. But there is a way to know - statistical studies. Really, that is the ONLY way to know.

I can’t but there are so many professional sources around the world, that claim it does, it makes me wonder where lies the truth regarding this?

Did he throw Hydroxy into the mix also?

Or was that so last year?

Ok, there seems to be some voices on both sides on whether Ivermectin works. So why do you assume it does? Odd.

But there is one way that we can determine if it works - statistical studies. You recognize that is the only way, right? Anecdotes are worthless.

2 Likes

Hydroxychloroquine is another example of the what appears to be the same in how it was treated by the MSM. Would you agree that “IF” hydroxychloroquine was effective in fighting COVID, 10s of thousands of people died needlessly here in the US?

Here’s the latest; Last Updated: July 8, 2021

Both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine increase the endosomal pH, which inhibits fusion between SARS-CoV-2 and the host cell membrane.1 Chloroquine inhibits glycosylation of the cellular angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptor, which may interfere with the binding of SARS-CoV to the cell receptor.2 In vitro studies have suggested that both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine may block the transport of SARS-CoV-2 from early endosomes to endolysosomes, possibly preventing the release of the viral genome.3 Both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine also have immunomodulatory effects, which have been hypothesized to be another potential mechanism of action for the treatment of COVID-19. Azithromycin has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. When used in combination with hydroxychloroquine, it has been shown to have a synergistic effect on SARS-CoV-2 in vitro and in molecular modeling studies.

I don’t assume anything but “if” it does work, how many have died as a result of not using it, due to it being lambasted by the MSM?

But it didn’t work that well… so there is no recommendation for it’s use.

It’s a shame also…it would have been great to have a cheap effective drug early on that would saave lives.

It was better than nothing but that wasn’t how it was treated. It was treated like pure feces because Trump endorsed it…period. Now…a long time later, the truth of what I just posted, is only now being told. Now ask yourself, why is that? Both of us should be united in our disgust for how many died, that could have potentially been saved by it’s use.

It was looked into thoroughly. Even after it was shown that it didn’t work so well there was an ideological attachment to it because it was seen as a conspiracy against Trump that it just didn’t work.

That is the difference. Either a drug works or it doesn’t. The new weird form of Lysenkoism that erupted round Trump and Covid cures was not helpful. Like with Ivermectin… it just doesn’t work all that well and making it a partisan political issue helps no one.

Sure, but that’s a big “if”, especially in light of the studies that say it doesn’t. Could the studies be wrong? Sure. But is it likely?

That article I posted was from the NIH and it has an entirely different tone than a year ago. Now if you can’t see that, so be it but I know people died as a result of condemning it’s use by the MSM.

No one died from Covid because of lack of access to HCQ because it doesn’t work that well against it.

The very link that you provided says that it doesn’t recommend HCQ and lists the reasons being that it doesn’t work that well against Covid.

That is naive, arrogant and an ignorant conclusion when what I just posted, by the NIH now states otherwise. Early on, this was the best treatment available but it was a zillion percent obliterated by sources who in my opinion, are now complicit in the deaths of thousands.

From the NIH site that you posted.

And it goes on for several paragraphs listing out more trials that showed that it didn’t work that well.

So… since it doesn’t work that well, no one died from Covid because of lack of access to it.

…by itself but what it did do, was to open up the virus for an attack by a medicine that did work. In combination with that medicine, it was proven to be effective.

That same website goes on to say

So that was considered also.