Is Ivermectin an existential threat?

When used in combination with hydroxychloroquine, it has been shown to have a synergistic effect on SARS-CoV-2 in vitro and in molecular modeling studies.

^^^^^ PERIOD ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keep reading… they were talking about in vitro studies.

When it comes to in vivo it didn’t work that well.

It happens all the time with drugs.

Smyrna is a biochemist now. Fascinating.

Sorry, I didn’t see this mod note.

1 Like

Bruce L. Boros, MD, has been prescribing ivermectin for prevention and treatment of COVID-19 since early in the pandemic. Boros is a board-certified cardiologist and a fellow of the American College of Cardiology who currently operates three urgent care centers in the Florida Keys. (Editor’s note: Boros made headlines last year for his sharp and controversial criticism of Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.)

Boros tells Verywell he first heard of the use of ivermectin for COVID-19 through published reports of observational studies from the Dominican Republic. So far, he says he has treated at least 800 sick patients and seen “miraculous recoveries,” with patients in need of hospitalization making vast improvement in the matter of hours. He cautions ivermectin is not a cure-all, though, since it does not work 100% of the time, but only about 90% of the time, in his experience.

Boros is a buffoon. Retired Cardiologist who owns some urgent care clinics and is against vaccinations for COVID. Recently hospitalized after attending an anti-vax symposium, along with 6 other MDs. I can assure you he didn’t get Ivermectin in the hospital.

And as you guys are constantly saying, most people who contract COVID get well fairly quickly, especially with Omicron. Was it just getting better on your own or the Ivermectin doing good work? You would need a trial for that. And there has been. Several of them.

And it doesn’t work.

We have good therapeutics now with the 2 antivirals, time to stop advocating for drugs with no benefit when we have take at home meds that do work.

4 Likes

That’s one reason why there are lab and clinical phases in drug research.

For my understanding, while Ivermectin does work, the dosage needed is something that is beyond what humans could handle.

I get plenty of vitamins and minerals. I’ll bet that’s probably why my hair is as light, fluffy, and shiny as it is. I make sure to get plenty of Vitamin C and antioxidants. Love my veggies, but especially my fruits. Good healthy diet makes the world go round. :+1:

The vaccine is just yet another building block in the foundation of good health. I want to make sure I never, ever, ever get the monstrosity of COVID if I can help it.

Biochem and Immunology are alphabet soup.

What I’m pointing out is how this was ignored for two years, hundreds of thousands have died, that maybe could have been saved and I want to know why? You can label him a “buffoon” but he is a medical professional, like yourself and has stated his professional opinion.

It wasn’t ignored for two years.

And Torey didn’t just label him a “buffoon”- he gave reasons why he called them that.

Torey is in the profession, and has the training to evaluate what other professionals are saying.

Tell everyone here your expertise. How would you know if Dr. Boros was being accurate with you?

Show your work.

True. It was ridiculed and lambasted by the media, social media and the establishment and if there’s ANY redeeming qualities of ivermectin against COVID, the outcome is hundreds of thousands of lives lost and those responsible are complicit.

It was studied…. A lot. Like a lot a lot.

They found it didn’t work.

No…it wasn’t.

You need to stop having your worldview shaped by political hacks.

I was there my friend and it was treated the EXACT same way as hydroxychloroquine. Do they have any beneficial qualities in fighting COVID? Some in the medical profession say definitively the answer is yes.

No…you weren’t there.

And you have no training or base of knowledge to know whether they were being accurate or not.

This has been the saddest part of this whole thing…exposing that there are so many people who equate “Googling it” with acquiring knowledge.

2 Likes

k… :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

The problem with HCQ is that it was politicized as a “cure” early on and when it was found to not work that great the political opinion superseded reality.

I’ve had it twice. No big deal for a healthy body. lol

1 Like