Is Ivermectin an existential threat?

I’m glad to see you may be coming around to the truth that ivermectin does work. Yes, there are other treatments too but this one was available early on but was discredited by the MSM and the CDC. Many lives were needlessly lost due to this and I’d like to know why?

It doesn’t work.

It was the monoclonal antibodies that Rogan took that do work.

For Ivermectin to work, it would have to be given at doses that would kill you.

One would think that when the two large studies that showed Ivermectin having great effect against Covid turned out to both be fraudulent that people would abandon it.

But for some reason, belief that Ivermectin works against Covid has become part of Conservative Identity politics.

It’s just wild.

1 Like

Says you vs. "Tokyo’s Medical Assoc. Chairman holds live press conference recommending #ivermectin to all doctors, for all Covid patients.

You’re missing the point. The point is how can Joe Rogan know thatIvermectin cured him?

Consider that 90+% recover with no medicine at all, how does Joe know that he would not have naturally recovered?

Consider that Joe Rogan took other medicine, how does he know that Ivermectin and not another medicine was the cause of his recovery?

See, that’s why you should trust doctors that have performs studies instead of Joe Rogan.

It appears you are the one regurgibleating Joe Rogan as a trusted source. I don’t have enough laughing emojis for this.

1 Like

Did you read this article that you posted?

https://southasia.report/has-japan-endorsed-ivermectin-as-covid-19-treatment-a-fact-check

I think you should.

Yes…and it says that the medical community is out front of the government on this issue. When I’m ill, I’d rather take the advice of a medial professional than a politician.

I couldn’t have said it better. Now ask yourself, why a medical doctor would prescribe it?

This is his advice.

That is hardly the most ringing endorsement.

Meanwhile… the best study on Ivermectin out of McMaster University… one that is actually broad, double blinded and tests only one drug at a time instead of the kitchen sink… shows that Ivermectin has no effect.

An Israeli study from January shows ivermectin effective for treating COVID, so why is it not used as infections soar?

That was a small study of 89 people. Those studies can show a direction to go towards, but the small sample size cannot be relied on to show a definitive answer. All that Israeli study showed was that Ivermectin might be useful in reducing hospital stays. It did not recommend using the drug as a prophylactic nor did it claim that it was a cure.

The McMaster study was 629 people and it showed no effect.

(2) Notice that the results show that ivermectin did help patients. Relative risk: 0.91 (0.69-1.19). Mortality relative risk: 0.82 (0.44-1.52). In other words, ivermectin patients were 9% less likely to progress and 18% less likely to die. I know what comes next: “but it’s not statistically significant.” Yes, but the results are in the correct direction and a bigger trial might have shown statistically significant results. Plus, these results show a probability of 75% that patients on ivermectin did better than patients on placebo. The headline (“no effect whatsoever”) is just plain wrong. If I were sick and had to decide between ivermectin and placebo today, just based on this one trial, I would still go with ivermectin.

You’d be wrong.

Pay up.

Are you familiar with the chemical makeup?

Yes.

I’m also familiar with its mechanism of action.

And I’m familiar with the many possible reasons why ivermectin’s in vitro efficacy would not translate into efficacy in humans.

I have 30 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry and have access to some of the top minds in immunology, biology, genetics, clinical science, etc

You sell cars.

You get mad/annoyed/amused when I purport to tell you how it is in the auto sales industry.

Perhaps you can get a glimpse about how I might feel the same way when you purport to have the same or greater knowledge than the experts and accuse them of lying or covering up?

6 Likes

Took me a while to find what the heck you were referencing there.

So… you relied on the first comment on a random website to back up the conclusion that you want to be true.

Seriously… if you guys want to tout a cheap drug that actually shows good effect at treating Covid then push fluvoxamine. That at least has fairly good clinical data in showing effect.

Why is there this conspiracy against fluvoxamine by those who push Ivermectin? I say in jest.

“Somebody gave this to me…”

“It was prescribed by a doctor…”

Which one, Joe?

"And Rogan stressed that he should not be a source of scientific advice. “I’m not a doctor,” he said. “I’m not a respected source of information, even for me.”

I watched that whole interview I don’t think he was implying ivermectin cured him, he talked about taken a ton of stuff from monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, and a vitamin d IV. I think what he was going off on was what happened when he first got the virus CNN among others said he was taking the ivermectin animal drug which he said it was prescribed by a doctor not a vet. I think the whole thing was him blasting CNN for that since Gupta is on the CNN staff he was in the firing line.

Smyrna interpreted it as Rogan claiming Ivermectin cured him. Strange.

Smyrna interpreted it as…it was prescribed to him by a medical doctor, which is a professional opinion, that by his actions, this doctor believes ivermectin works…while some here believe that’s “strange”.