Is Ivermectin an existential threat?

I don’t take well to being injected with the fruits of abortions or being used as a guinea pig.

Is that a yes or a no?

I regret, that I have but one like to give for such a reference.

It does.

I already said obfuscation was an art.

1 Like

might as well just refuse all modern medicine.

I didn’t encourage anything. Just sticking to the facts, something some people seem to have a real problem with.

This is simple.

The fact is, there is no proof this stuff helps prevent covid or help in recovery from covid.

not sure why this need to be said.

don’t take drugs created for animals.

Its used to kill parasites.

I’m sure you agree this is an example of egregious judicial overreach.

Not horse paste. 1% injectable sterile solution (taken orally, not injected)

You shouldn’t take drugs not prescribed by your doctor.

My doctor recommended this.

1 Like

Preclinical studies of Ivermectin’s activity against SARS-CoV-2
Since 2012, a growing number of cellular studies have demonstrated that ivermectin has antiviral properties against an increasing number of RNA viruses, including influenza, Zika, HIV, Dengue, and most importantly, SARS-CoV-2.9–17 Insights into the mechanisms of action by which ivermectin both interferes with the entrance and replication of SARS-CoV-2 within human cells are mounting. Caly et al18 first reported that ivermectin significantly inhibits SARS-CoV-2 replication in a cell culture model, observing the near absence of all viral material 48 hours after exposure to ivermectin. However, some questioned whether this observation is generalizable clinically given the inability to achieve similar tissue concentrations used in their experimental model using standard or even massive doses of ivermectin.19,20 It should be noted that the concentrations required for an effect in cell culture models bear little resemblance to human physiology given the absence of an active immune system working synergistically with a therapeutic agent, such as ivermectin. Furthermore, prolonged durations of exposure to a drug likely would require a fraction of the dosing in short-term cell model exposure. Furthermore, multiple coexisting or alternate mechanisms of action likely explain the clinical effects observed, such as the competitive binding of ivermectin with the host receptor-binding region of SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, as proposed in 6 molecular modeling studies.21–26 In 4 of the studies, ivermectin was identified as having the highest or among the highest of binding affinities to spike protein S1 binding domains of SARS-CoV-2 among hundreds of molecules collectively examined, with ivermectin not being the particular focus of study in 4 of these studies.27 This is the same mechanism by which viral antibodies, in particular, those generated by the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines contain the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The high binding activity of ivermectin to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein could limit binding to either the ACE-2 receptor or sialic acid receptors, respectively, either preventing cellular entry of the virus or preventing hemagglutination, a recently proposed pathologic mechanism in COVID-19.21,22,26–28 Ivermectin has also been shown to bind to or interfere with multiple essential structural and nonstructural proteins required by the virus to replicate.26,29 Finally, ivermectin also binds to the SARS-CoV-2 RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp), thereby inhibiting viral replication.30

2 Likes

As a general rule using the word “obfuscation” is the equivalent of “blowing smoke.” :wink:

That must be why most drugs developed for humans are not first tested on animals.

Oh wait …

2 Likes

That’s between a doctor and his patient. This thing where you need absolute proof something works is BS. Clinicians have always operated on less evidence. There’s a reason they can prescribe off label. This top down where you can only do what the CDC says is entirely new.

1 Like

Exactly