Is crime going up or not?

I don’t advocate violence.

I trust our Constitution.

We are not Mexico.

Not yet anyway… You already know that I am rather pessimistic right now. In saying that, we do need to take better care of mentally ill and disadvantaged LEGAL US Citizens and Residents.

1 Like

I thought you left for the day. Now I am totally confused… I was nice, and, I agreed with half of what you said earlier… The other half I am not sure where those notions came from.

They aren’t mental.

1 Like

Good call

In Blue Cities yes, the crime rates have risen dramatically over the last couple of years with the rise of BLM and ANTIFA.

Correlation does not equal causation

It does when it’s broadcast live on the evening news.

1 Like

Never mind the fact that the rise of antifa and blm have nothing to do with increased crime rates for “a couple of years.”

There is an undeniable effect now with the worst populist slogan ever but to say a couple of years is the kind of exaggeration we are used to here on these forums

Also cutely ignores that it is in significant part being caused by Public servants refusing to do their job because they feel disrespected.

What’s the cause?

1 Like

Who is cute? I am not following your train of thought. Where do your notions come from Mr. clear?

Correlate this my friend. Crime is going up in blue havens.

Crime is going up everywhere.

The cause hasn’t been proven to be BLM or Antifa.

Pandemic is the most likely culprit

Two young relatives who worked in NYC have both left. They’re able to work remotely and cite the rapid increase in crime as a major reason. One of them said most of his friends have left, one of them is looking for housing outside of the city, another will stay out his lease and leave. The subway shovings and the “knockout ‘game’” are prevalent, even the nicest neighborhoods are plagued with homeless and drugs, the trash is not being picked up. A few weeks ago, a writer described San Fran as a “post apocalyptic hellscape”, and both of the former NYers said that’s how NYC is looking now.

The premise

I am sorry

My personal experience.

Link?

There is direct causation and correlation since the spike in violent crimes is directly associated with the riots, looting, and “protests”.

And decriminalizing opioids is genocide.

Who says? Did you make this up?

Are you in the habit of answering your own questions? :wink: