Is crime going up or not?

I really got bummed by this headline:

I think we should defund the police and put unarmed social workers out there to talk reason to criminals and other perps. We are the WOKE GENERATION.

Well maybe it will work. Lets try it and see if we can get a roundturn on the injustices of our privledged society. We have nothing to lose in this Trump Virus country called US of A. We know that law and order is used against the citizens.

OK, Now let us talk about real problems and real solutions. Maybe some may get mad at me for talking like I did during the first few sentences. I am just wanting to start a real debate on what is wrong. We may agree to disagree or we may find some common ground to discuss where we go from here.

The flamethrower incident was from an idiot trying to promote his rap career.

Why he thought that taking drone footage of it would help him out is beyond me.

3 Likes

I think we are going to see some real nuts out there causing problems. I wonder if better mental health treatment and easier way to get crazies put in mental hospitals will help.

We have to protest citizens from crazies who push innocent people onto subway tracks. We may need to install push proof barriers between the platforms and tracks.

Citywide, shootings have nearly doubled – from 698 last year to 1,359 this year as of Nov. 15, according to NYPD figures. Now we also have to ask how many of those guns were legally obtained.

Yeah… diverting funding from law enforcement to help to provide mental health services to those who need it would be a good start.

sounds like a plan. We should defund the police, then. Most criminals are opportunists and not crazy. Some are thrill seekers and others are hyped up on a combination of drugs. I am not certain it is a mental health issue. But, we can experiment with a fix, I suppose.

“Defund the Police” is a really dumb slogan to describe an issue about how we allocate our resources.

As an NYC taxpayer, I see that the NYPD budget being $6 Billion dollars can be looked into, cuts found and allocated to other services.

Wouldn’t you agree with that?

Masks are so no one can tell who the criminals are. Leftist maniac think tanks think of everything.

OOPs you responded before I was done.

Most criminals are opportunists and not crazy. Some are thrill seekers and others are hyped up on a combination of drugs. I am not certain it is a mental health issue. But, we can experiment with a fix, I suppose.

What does any of this have to do with budget review?

masks serve a couple of purposed… Come On, Madam… I cannot call you Man… ha ha

Keep the faith @rp5x5

What budget review. Just defund the pigs…

You are arguing something that I am not.

Now seeing as the NYPD is measured in the Billions… I feel as an NYC taxpayer it is only right for there to be a public review of that budget and how that funding can be reallocated into different services.

Wouldn’t you agree with that?

I could agree if it did not take five years of review before one makes a decision. I moved from the big apple and live in a relatively safe place. We shall see how that changes later down the road.

You are right. The review should happen on a much faster time schedule.

I would love to see the 2021 budget begin to include these changes.

They did “remove” one Billion from the NYPD budget over the summer but those changes turned out to be cosmetic at best and didn’t really change the budget.

I don’t understand why all government budgets are up for review but for some reason the police are sacrosanct.

makes no sense.

Slingshots?
They have one co-purpose. To humiliate and provide cover for criminals

1 Like

well it cannot or so it seems. Some cities are really into defunding or disbanding the police. The Big Apple can experiment with that concept and of course blame it on Trump. He used to live there and treated the minorities badly with underpaying them. And he did absolutely nothing for COVID-19 response. Glad Governor Cuomo did what he did. And the Mayor did a great job too.

Donald Trump will be out of office.

So I am confused here.

Is a budgetary review of the police a good thing or not?

You are confused? Really.

I am beginning to understand that an actual conversation was not the intent.

have a good night.

1 Like

Are you being sarcastic?