Is collaboration between the white house and senate wrong?

That’s the route you want to go? Witness after witness, under oath, have stated that what Trump wanted was NOT part of our official government policy towards Ukraine. Why is his PERSONAL attorney getting involved? Why is the US President asking a foreign government to investigate a US citizen?

But yes, Trumpsplain for us what he REALLY meant.

Because ONLY Trump supporters know what he REALLY says.

The President makes US Diplomatic Policy, not those serving under him.

Joe ran his mouth publicly admitting to the corruption, that’s why.

3 Likes

That’s exactly the point I’m making. Thank you for agreeing with me.

No, it’s actually the opposite of what you claimed.

They work for the POTUS and implement his policy, not the other way around.

Exactly! Again, thank you!

1 Like

No, it’s not. The judge in the Senate trial will not be a Republican senator.

Conservatives believe in the rule of law. They care if US citizens are committing crimes in their own state, or in someone else’s state. The best agencies to investigate criminally suspicious behaviour in Ukraine would be the Ukrainians. Why would a conservative have a problem with a US president asking another government to investigate criminal allegations against a US citizen in another country?

OK, so you agree that the president sets our (i.e. Americans’) foreign policy.

Aside from the fact that the claim that Schiff and Pelosi “hid” witnesses is nonsense – since there were numerous Republicans in those sessions wit the witnesses…

If the Republicans really believed their claims that Trump was innocent why let all this manipulation cloud the Senate trial. The result will be Trump will look like he got off through manipulation rather than through the facts. Why would any Trump supporter want that?

The Moscow Mitch and Obese Donald collaboration going on in regards Trump’s likely trial in the Senate on Impeachment Articles passed up from the House is entirely wrong!

Moscow Mitch has already broadcast that any such trial will be a sham trial.

This though is par for the course with Obese Donald and company.

If there ever was a president who has figuratively wiped his arse with the US Constitution it has been Donald J Trump.

1 Like

When one is an idiot like Nunes who got paid by a crook Parnas to talk about debunked DNC servers and the like, one tends to talk out their rear end.

2 Likes

A majority will be.

“I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution”

You might want to edit your post and correct your facts in error. I highlighted the part that is incorrect.
If you are going to use history to make a point while you bloviate, make sure your facts are accurate.

1 Like

Clinton was in his second term.

Johnson wasn’t elected.

The poster’s assertion is correct.

6 Likes

Johnson was “elected” to be the Vice President but of course he assumed the office of the Presidency when Lincoln was assainated, so just like gerald ford, he was not elected to be President even though they both served as the President.

2 Likes

Ford wasn’t even elected VP. He was appointed and confirmed by the Senate after Spiro Agnew resigned.

I believe when Ford was President and Rockefeller was Vice-President was the only time in our history the two top jobs in the Executive were both appointees.

Was also interesting that until Ford, when a VP ascended to the Presidency no VP was appointed to replace him because there actually was nothing in the Constitution that spelled out how Presidential succession worked until 1965 when the 25th Amendment passed.

All other times when a VP ascended to the Presidency after the President died or was killed, they followed the “Tyler Precedent”.

Which was where John Tyler simply had a judge swear him in as President and then resisted all the Congressional attempts at the time to limit his power.

Essentially, Tyler seized the Presidency and his method simply became legitimized until the 25th Amendment passed.

It’s the senates call, they make the rules.

Just like the house makes its rules.

As long as they hold a impeachment trial, they have fulfilled their constitutional duties.

Allan

2 Likes

The Inspector General of the Intelligence Community found the complaint appropriately filed and valid. Please explain why you know that the IG was incorrect.

1 Like

No the law is clear that whistleblowers in fact do not need to have firsthand knowledge.