Is collaboration between the white house and senate wrong?

Crimestoppers hotline should be abolished!

It had to be a Motel 6. Nowhere else would let them in.

Are you under the impression that the “basement” there has cobwebs, wet floors, shelves of old canned peaches, a moldy couch, and stacks of old “Cream” magazines?

1 Like

I just don’t understand this talking point. Where in the world did you all get the idea that one has due process during an investigation? The impeachment process is basically an indictment. Due process starts at that point.

That doesn’t matter.

Regardless of what Mitch thinks, the Senate takes an oath to be an impartial jury.

How impartial are they if one of the jurors is coordinating with the defendant to not only find him not guilty, but to make sure the trial works out to his maximum political benefit?

As was pointed out…another in a long line of oaths and values the Party of The Constitution has tossed under the bus in the name of power.

History will not look kindly on Mitch McConnell.

Can we just call him Congressman DUI from now on?

From the article:

Former Sen. Tom Daschle, who was Senate Democratic leader during the Clinton impeachment trial, told CNN’s Dana Bash on Friday that while he did not personally talk to Clinton in preparing for the impeachment trial, his staff was in constant coordination with senior White House officials about it.

“There are so many moving parts,” Daschle said, referring to coordinating the House managers and White House counsel’s office and 100 senators, that they had no choice.

Daschle said he does not fault McConnell for his remarks on Fox News Thursday night about coordination.

“That’s the way it is now,” Daschle said. “It’s different.”

Tom went on to say:

He added that, in retrospect, his decision to not speak to Clinton “was probably a little myopic,” but added there was more to it for him than just being a juror in the President’s trial.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter that this is a political show without substance? Really?

3 Likes

So what. Daschle the minority leader coordinated with Bill Clinton.

History isn’t going to look kindly to democrats fake impeachment.

2 Likes

That is a logical statement and an arguable opinion. Mine is that the President is a bad person, and a bad President. I believe he broke laws that would have anyone, but himself, behind bars if not for a DoJ memo that says Presidents can’t be indicted.

Bad behavior that is ignored will lead to further bad behavior. When Mueller reported the President’s action in relation to his investigation, the GOP fell silent and ducked into elevators rather than explain or rebuke. Unchalleged this has led to the President of the United States to beg Ukraine and China to investigate Biden in front of TV cameras during a re-election campaign. It needs to be accounted.

There has been much more bad behavior, and I’m using “bad” as a euphemism for “evil.” It has to recognized by history. Somebody has to stand up and say “NO!” Sadly the GOP will not clean up after their President. I have never voted for a Democrat, but I am thankful they are risking a generally believed coming backlash to make President Trump the fastest impeached President in history, and the only elected first term President in history to be impeached.

President Trump worked very hard to get us here, he deserves this.

7 Likes

I just don’t understand how supposed conservatives are okay with a US President asking a foreign government to investigate a US citizen. What’s conservative about that?

1 Like

The House Democrats set the low standard for this sham since they have the majority and abused that power so why not the Senate Republican majority using their power since the Dems set the abusive policy. The House and the Senate are equal parts of Congress, so if its good for one, it’s good for the other.

1 Like

It’s a tipping point.

The pesky little detail is that he didn’t do that!!!

Destroyer of nations.

“Do us a favor”

But yes… Trumpsplain to us what he REALLY meant.

Exactly what part of their oath would be violated?

Big difference in “Us” and “Me”.

US is the Country, “Me” would be a personal favor.

There is no due process without getting to confront the accuser.

1 Like