Is collaboration between the white house and senate wrong?

Republicans hid at the Mueller report?! Not likely. After two years and millions of dollars it stated that there was no cooperation with the Russians…which should have been obvious as the Horowitz report shows on what a flimsy basis this whole investigation started.
Obstruction? If it wasn’t clear enough from the Mueller report, Mueller made it clear to Congress that he did not find that a crime had been committed except for not being allowed to charge a President. He did not determine one way or the other. The DOJ, through Barr, finished the job and determined that there was no obstruction.
We are now on to part three of harassment of this administration and it will end exactly like the others.
Trump will get exactly what he deserves…no conviction because there is nothing to convict for.

1 Like

I can’t find that line. Would you highlight it for us?

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”

Oh, right. It isn’t there is it?

Prior to an impeachment trial, according to Article I, section 3, clause 6 of the Constitution, says the senators serving as a jury “shall be on Oath or Affirmation.”

According to the Senate Rules in Impeachment Trials that oath is:

”I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of ____, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God.”

2 Likes

How exactly is that oath being violated?

They are swearing to be impartial, yet according to McConnell, there’s no daylight between the senate and the administration… That is not impartiality, not by a long shot.

2 Likes

Have they taken that oath already? Have they acted unfairly in any way during the trial?

All I have to say is that if everyone would be okay with president Hillary and the Democrats doing the same thing then you have your answer.

2 Likes

You and I read different reports…if you read it.
Trump deserves to be impeached and he will be.

2 Likes

Communication between two of the three branches of the US Government? After seeing the partisan shenanigans by two of the House Committees?
Mff Mff Mff

1 Like

You are confusing judge and jury.

Who is the judge?

The president ran as a Republican. The Senate is not colluding with Trump. Republicans are discussing the best way forward for the Republicans. The protection of impartiality is afforded by due process, something Dems don’t support.

The Chief Justice of the United States presides over an impeachment trial for the President.

The Trumpian era in America is going to be the best fodder for so many psych papers and other white papers on the whole crazy phenomena from every angle. I will be in the academic works for decades.

On what topics, specifically?

Cognitive dissonance?

Denial, minimization, projection?

Mental deficiency?

1 Like

There should be much more of an uproar regarding McConnell’s statements.

There will not be. Oaths are meaningless to the Republicans in the Senate.

Party before country. Party before oath.

1 Like

That is a 100% false statement.

You are badly misinformed. The Mueller report does no such thing. The report says that they could not establish that the campaign criminally conspired with Russia, but you are doing yourself a disservice if you stretch that to mean no cooperation.

You quoted what Vox had to say. Now lets see what Mueller had to say.

“We applied the term coordination in that sense when stating in the report that the investigation did not establish that the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

1 Like