Is anyone surprised he’s a Republican?

He is not saying white Christian people from his town in Texas…

I haven’t said anything to suggest anything. You must have your imagination set on hyper speed.

Paraphrasing…someone said “our nation is better with diversity”…and you said “that’s why we are so united” which was sarcasm.

Care to explain your sarcasm to me? Your sarcastic comment disagreed with the other poster. So I can only guy that you DO NOT agree that our nation is better with diversity

Sure … to a large extent, it is the hypersensitivity to diversity and race that is one of the main causes of the social division that is tearing this country apart. For gosh sakes, you can’t even put on a serape and sombrero on Cinco de Mayo anymore without being branded as a racist. Does that make our country better?

Yes. It makes our country better when people are respectful of other people’s culture.

The problem is, most people do not see something as silly as dressing like a Mexican on Cinco de Mayo as being disrespectful to their culture. If anything, it is a sign of respect. On the other hand, nobody get similarly upset if I dress like a stereotypical Irishman on St. Patrick’s day or put on Bavarian garb on Octoberfest. Why is that? After all, I am neither Irish nor Bavarian.

You may think that the country is better for falling under the tyranny of that kind of insanity, but I do not.

Brown face okay?

Sure, if you have one.

Conservatives just seem to be losing the debate in thread after thread.

quote=“Borgia, post:161, topic:958, full:true”]

[/quote]

Ummmm,

Mybe something a little more official than a Wikipdia entry?[

Are you aware that there are references in the wiki article? Isn’t that cool? They are referenced like a research paper and you can click on the little numbers and go straight to the reference.

Glad I could help you in the learning process! :grin:

Pointing out ones racist views, is not in exercise in thought crimes.

It is highlighting a person who is a racist.

Let the cards fall where they may in the court of public opinion.

It seems for you, being a racist is just fine.
I appreciate you are honest about it. Many hide their true opinions.
I guess another effect of having a racist POTUS.

ummm… you seem to be confused.

Diversity is decreased as people marry outside their group and have children. Both black and white become brown. Now maybe that will create more unity and maybe that is a good thing. But don’t pretend that delegitimizing the guy in the OP will result in more diversity. You just want him to be more like everyone else… less diversity. And you want nothing to impede the homogenization of our society… again, less diversity.

You are advocating for the races to be kept separate, but in a cowardly, cagey way.

hmmmm… I even said that greater unification could be good.

But because I don’t repeat the narrative, you create a strawman to argue against? I advocating nothing of the sort.

Sure you did. You’re just afraid to stand behind your beliefs so you worded it carefully. You think you are more clever than you are. Why do you think the races shouldn’t mix?

It’s sad that some people can be so hateful about a race different than their own. He won’t be winning any father of the year awards. I hope his kids learn from another source in their lives not to be a bigot like their father.

I don’t think in terms of “should” or “should not”. That’s your narrative speaking.

I think in terms of what is gained and what is lost as they do. Diversity is lost.

sounds like the guy in the OP is against this kind of stuff…

More coded language.