Infrastructure bill page 508

Have Rs propose something and you get to blame dems for it, bipartisan win win.

Not true. Gasoline is not the only option now.

I didn’t say that it was.

I said @Camp saying that moving to electric is putting all eggs in one basket is not true because there are myriad ways to generate electricity. But if we relied on gasoline alone, that WOULD be all eggs in one basket.

But it’s a silly notion because we are not moving completely away from gasoline any time soon. It will be the dominant fuel for transport for some time yet.

Electricity is the basket.

1 Like

There are a lot of LNG vehicles, notably buses.

Have we given up on hybrids?

So no need to panic over EV tax burden then.

1 Like

Dude…who started this thread?

Not me. Not cool to bury this issue on page 508 of 2700 either.

:man_shrugging:t3:

I’m actually for it. It’s inevitable. Electric (or other future technology) vehicles use and cause wear and tear to infrastructure just like gas vehicles. If the current system only uses gasoline tax to pay for infrastructure, that’s an issue. Why would those who use gasoline powered vehicles pay for the infrastructure while others do not? It seems like the idea is to make it a “zero sum” situation so that the usage tax comes out to be about the same as the gas tax.

2 Likes

The Republican half wits who voted for this need to explain why.
:rage:

Proposed it… They need to explain why they proposed it.

Always somebody else’s fault… always!

1 Like

Your opinion. Certainly not mine. I gave mine. And I stand by it.

It’s not my opinion that they proposed it. The Republicans that is.

And…? Are you expecting me to think it’s a good idea now? Why the hell would you think that I want a freaking mileage tax? Dayum dude.

Nah I was just nicely pointing out that they didn’t just vote for it…

That’s why I called them half wits. Remember?
:man_shrugging:

Do you like the idea of a mileage tax on the poor?

As of today, Democrats officially don’t care about poor or middle class transportation. They believe people should either buy a $50K vehicle or take a bus, exposing people to the next pandemic.

That order can be rescinded by a President that knows that most Americans cannot afford electric vehicles. Electric cars and trucks are a great idea as long as the technology continues to improve IMHO. But electrics don’t pay fuel taxes! That’s coming, bet on it.
J’Biden is a cement head that doesn’t give a rats ass about the middle class.

4 Likes

From the article.

The 50 percent goal, while nonbinding and largely symbolic, aims to set federal expectations for automakers to rapidly make the transition from gas-burning cars and trucks to electric ones, a key component of Biden’s climate change strategy.

Non-binding and symbolic devastation of the poor and middle class.

Right? The democratic party wants people depended on government. And they don’t care who they wipe out in the process. They are ruthless. And we have a few idiot republicans trying to help. Playing nice with democrats never works. And some “R’s” never learn.

1 Like