Infrastructure bill page 508

That is exactly how it works.

1 Like

The Democrats don’t want it. The Republicans have said the only way they’ll pass the bill is if they get it. It’s the Democrat’s fault if it passes.

Funny.

Nope. Republicans have said they won’t raise corporate taxes. Republicans have proposed both a gas tax increase and a usage tax. Democrats wanted it paid by corporate taxes only. No increase in gas tax or usage tax. Sometimes the truth hurts.

That doesn’t mention a for mile fee try again.

Then it’s over. You see the response here in Hannity Land. If Dems state this is an R idea, Rs will take hell, it’ll be removed and Dems still get what they want. See how that works…if…what you said is true?

Second article had direct quotes.

Texas Republican Senator John Cornyn suggested last month that a 25-cent tax be imposed on every mile driven by heavy trucks to raise $33 billion a year – about as much as the fuel tax.

Sam Graves of Missouri, the top Republican on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, has argued a VMT could easily be implemented by using a formula assessed at the gas pump similar to how the fuel tax is paid.

1 Like

Guy writes article quoting a bit of source material…but article is mostly his unfounded opinion with an outrage-ginning headline appended.

Predictable outrage from conservatives that take author’s opinion as gospel, because it resonates with what they already believe, ensues.

Some people never tire of being part of this pattern, it seems.

How about you start reading the source materials and forming your OWN opinions, rather than constantly relying upon others?

2 Likes

So the Republicans are poisoning the well by intentionally demanding a usage tax program be a part of the bill. The Republicans secretly don’t want a usage tax even though they say they do. It’s all a trick to get Democrats to pass it. Sure.

1 Like

I couldn’t have made it any more simple or plain. If it passes, all those who sign it, own it and Dems have NO EXCUSE and I just proved it.

Now this makes sense.

Typical of today’s GOP…introduce an idea that will put even more burden on the little guy…then conservative bloggers claim it was a Democratic idea and conservatives, who never do anything, it seems, other than consume victim rage media, dutifully rage against Libs.

I say again…some people never tire of being marks in a game of grift.

2 Likes

No this thread has shown that today’s right doesn’t pay attention, and they blame Libs for everything because that’s what their victim rage media tells them to do.

The OP’s linked article blamed the use tax on “Libs who want to make it too expensive to drive”. The conservatives here ate that right up.

It was Libs who had to point out it was a GOP idea…and ever since then, there has been nothing but twist and spin to STILL blame it on the Libs.

GOP will never “catch hell” because Libs are the Embodiment of Pure Anti-American Evil.

Is that what I just did? You take sides but I side with what I believe is right and that continues to evolve. You are correct though in that I have not read this 2700 page bill. I have bigger fish to fry right now and always appreciate a wrong being exposed…no matter where it’s divulged from.

There you go.

1 Like

I didn’t say that’s what you did.

I said your idea that the GOP would “catch hell” is unfounded, as evidenced by the existence of this thread.

There you go…what?

@Jezcoe hit the nail on the head.

No it isn’t. There are those with in the GOP who are different? As they are exposed, they’ll be removed by their voters. Cheney is the example I’d use to explain this if you don’t understand it.

A problem well defined…

Bountiful and reliable electric. Throw all energy eggs in one basket…what could possibly go wrong?

:man_shrugging:t3:

Bring in enough R and you blame them for the flaws…Bipartisan WIN…WIN.

All eggs in one basket is gasoline, not electric.

There are a multitude of ways to generate electricity.