Inflation at a 40 year high

Are you ashamed?

:smirk::kissing_heart:

5 tears

Ashamed no. Why would i be ashamed?

You are not why would i be.

I say this without any sarcasm - the above post is why i like your style. Again i am totally serious.

1 Like

For that mess you made.

1 Like

And you caucaused with. I was wrong. Not the vote. The hope that it will be Obama 2.0 or bush 3.0 but it’s not. I’ll freely admit being wrong. But being ashamed? Pfft

I didn’t caucus with progs who voted for Brandon.

1 Like

You wrote out a thread right after the election that it’s over and time to move on. He didn’t. You now minimize in some instances his post election behavior. Like saying the scotus would have stopped it. You are clearly not ashamed. Nor am i.

I see, but 2018 was the other side of covid. We are talking a different environment. I dont know how he would have handled things now, but picking some complaint about not lowering interest rates in October 2018 is just not relevant.
Nor is Trump the only possibility for Republicans for 2024.

I didn’t vote for Trump.

I’ve moved well on, although I will admit I enjoy the show. Still am.

Y’all keep looking back now, hear?

1 Like

Staying that SCOTUS would have taken care of it isn’t just enjoying the show. It’s minimizing. You know it too.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Should’ve taken care of what?

Here ya go.

Of course its being rose…how do you think the fed fund rate works? The rate hikes had to happen in fact they should have happened sooner.

Other rates benchmark off the fed fund rate plus their spread, even though the current fed fund rate is not at 3% ish the market has already priced in future fed fund rate increases by the Fed before they happen.

Its how these markets work…

“According to the overnight-index swap market, the fed funds rate will reach 3.8% by next spring but then fall to around 3.4% by the end of 2023 and 3.1% by the end of 2024.”

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/federal-reserve-meeting-interest-rates-june-2022/card/investors-rate-expectations-edge-down-after-powell-comments-37WnyJMu6ndn9wY1EiTU

The Fed is purposefully trying to slow down the economy without crashing it completely this is by design.

Basic economic stuff

Handy article for you:

“When the Fed raises the fed funds rate, it’s aiming to increase short-term interest rates throughout the economy. This in turn reduces the supply of money and makes it more expensive for all kinds of economic participants to borrow money. This can quell rising inflation by reducing the amount of money flowing through the economy.”

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/federal-funds-rate/#:~:text=Fed%20funds%20is%20set%20as%20a%20range%20between,and%20other%20forms%20of%20credit%20to%20their%20customers.

1 Like

That’s stupid lazy thinking. I don’t blame Trump for Covid even though it happened on his watch.

if this troubles you go watch joy behar

Why her?

haha yeah let’s deep think everything before just blaming everything on the pres

ha “why her” even funnier

I agree, I am just saying that rates were kept low for way too long got people hooked on easy money…keeping them at near zero gives no slack for moments like this one.

You act like the only two options are “don’t think” and “think deeply about everything”. Certainly the “Thinkingman” can do something in between the two?

Was it a non-sequitur? All I know about her is that she’s on the View and sounds like Joan Rivers.

when all else fails let’s discuss the poster

So you don’t realize there’s something between “don’t think” and “think deeply about everything”?

If this troubles you, go watch Joy Behar.