Inflation at a 40 year high

I was reading the latest inflation news and a few things seem a little off. They have groceries separated which is the one the wife gripes about according to her she’s paying roughly 30% more on groceries than she used to which is easier for her to see because her shopping list doesn’t change a lot.

I find it odd that hotels are so high considering one would think they would be doing their best to attract people staying in their hotels since it is a part of travel and leisure category that got hit the worse by the pandemic. They also have rent at 4.2% increase maybe that’s correct nation wide but housing at least were I am at has doubled for sale and at least up 30-50% on rent.

1 Like

Since 1982. We are back to Reagan times.

Hopefully after Omicron the world will stop freaking out and we can go back to normalish so inflation can stop

1 Like

In the latest CNN/SSRS poll, Biden comes in with a 44% approval rating to 55% disapproval rating among registered voters on his economic performance. This makes for a -9 point net approval rating. The average of all polls taken in December is quite similar with Biden at -13 points on the economy.
To put that in perspective, the average president at this point in the last 44 years (since we have been polling on the topic) had a net economic approval rating of +5 points. That means Biden’s is 18 points worse than the average.

From our friends at fake news CNN and well before this news.

I am thinking the vaccine mandate and voting rule push are not the right steps now.

1 Like

Yikes. If he drops another 9% he’s going to be down in Trump territory

:rofl:

40 years 1982. Reagan. No cap :grin:

1 Like

Not quite. Unemployment is 3.9%

Allan

No nuance or details are allowed.

1 Like

Still fixing the Carter Chaos.

4 Likes

Interestingly, Trump’s problem then is the opposite of Biden’s now. Back in late 2017, most voters were not concentrated on the economy. It was not the nation’s top problem. Ergo, what Americans saw as a relatively stronger economy wasn’t translating into helping Trump.
Today, the economy is viewed as the top problem for both the nation and for people’s families, so the low consumer sentiment is dragging Biden down. A Monmouth University poll released earlier this month found that 41% listed economic concerns (either everyday bills and groceries; inflation; job security and employment; or the economy overall) as the top issue for their family. That’s far more than for any other issue.

Ah details … nuance while Biden is acting in a vacuum.

Brandon was set up for success. And has failed.

5 Likes

That’s awesome. Ok we are back to general statements. Sweet.

By a somewhat effective Trump vaccine…

You know it sounds silly when either one of makes these kinda of statements right?

“Somewhat”

I still don’t buy the grocery prices I think grocery prices are higher the list doesn’t have a dedicated for groceries. Used car prices has me scratching my head to.

Trump vaccine.

Thanks Trump.

Used car prices and leases are insane due to lack of cars imo. The deliveries have been slowed to a crawl.

Sure. Brandon was set up for success.

Yes he was if he was elected into a vacuum.
Otherwise it was By a vaccine that only works sometimes.

We gonna keep going in circles or we good?

WHAT!?

Why would anybody mandate such a thing!?

2 Likes