India covid catastrophe

Same thing is true of the flu, it could also mutate into a more deadly strain at any time.

And we have a long history of vaccines, cross-immunity and therapies with the flu.

And during flu season we tell people to take precautions now don’t we?

What don’t we do? Shut everything down and force mandatory vaccines.

1 Like

There have been scores of variants. Variants of variants is still just a variant.

It has done so numerous times.

As far as I know the chance of either doing it are exactly the same.

You could be right about that. Not being a virologist, I couldn’t say.

On second thought, odds would be tied to the number of infected.

@altair1013 , what is AZs track record against this current variant running thru India. I heard Thursday only 2 to 3 percent of Indians have been vaccinated. At this point at 300,000 to 400,000 cases a day, aren’t they on their way to natural heard immunity anyway

I agree with your thought…but isn’t it like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound?

Strange I thought this wasn’t who we were. " [N]ow [Trump’s] adding more countries to his list of who’s not welcome in America. It’s not who we are — and we’ll prove that when we beat Trump this November and end the ban."

1 Like

On what do you base that damnation?

Well that was banning muslims, good thing there are no muslims in India. Erp wait, that references the China ban.

And Europeans

Me too, If Biden had a brain he would consider all the covid positive people coming across the border a problem.

1 Like

Modi killing it again.

Really cool of our country to piddle paddle with the patents for covid vaccines while this is happening by the way.

1 Like

Yep… they need to release the patents and let anyone who can manufacture the vaccine do so.

1 Like

Absolutely.

How could there be a catastrophe? I was assured by a Conservative poster on this very board that no countries worry about/ or are no longer at risk of any outbreaks of Covid.

India shows what the strategy like what Dr Atlas was advocating of letting it rip through the population to achieve herd immunity looks like.