Independence Day

Of course it was but that doesn’t alter the fact that France’s contribution was key in our winning independence.

We don’t owe them a “debt” but we should acknowledge their help.

Well, considering the main issue that caused the Boston Tea Party, was due to the largest Tea company(owned by the Brits) got tax breaks…yet the colonists business owners did not get those breaks, taxation w/out representation.

A lot like how now, corporations get huge tax breaks (along with the wealthy) where small businesses and most people do not.

Congress, due to insane SCOTUs decisions that legalized the bribing of pols, really only represent those that…can afford it.

That ain’t you or me…or most of us.

Happy birthday United States of America. Now…let’s…celebrate and PARTY! :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass: :+1:

4 Likes

I am free independent of all those factors

I’m sure you have people in your network who have different political views than you as well.

true. but i have them all muted

this is really the only place i expect to see politics

1 Like

You mute them simply for having different views ?

Or because they post 30+ times a day ?- that does get to be too much.

this. it gets annoying. right or left

2 Likes

I’m with this sentiment.

They WERE key in the surrender at Yorktown. For one thing, their navy not only prevented British retreat via the sea, but they kept the British navy away from Y’town, preventing reinforcements.

No debt owed today. We repaid them 250 years ago. And again in WWII.

And there is nothing wrong with acknowledging the French contribution to the Revolution effort – no matter what their actual interests were.

3 Likes

Yup.

It seemed like not long ago social media was mainly for sharing fun vacation and pet photos, now it’s - oooh, the kid who I had homeroom with nearly 30 years ago has a hot take about abortion rights :neutral_face:

1 Like

I’ll post a harp video for Independence day

1 Like

Uhh I think a couple of times kicking the Kaiser’s Wehrmacht and the Nazis out of France is repayment enough doncha think?

Keeping score? Why is that?

Is it so hard to acknowledge France’s contribution in our winning independence from the British?

Just facts. “Keeping score”, you’re funny Bob!

This is the kind of ■■■■ that got one of my boys suspended from school when he called the teacher an ■■■■■■■ and a communist.
We raised all of our children on respect, God and country. My mother’s family is documented in Fayette County PA to around 1750 and participating in the French and Indian War and the Revolution among subsequent wars as the United States.
Woke anti 4th of July or US turds can go ■■■■ themselves.

It sure is :us:

So long as people don’t exercise that right in a way that you or your kids disapprove of.

That would be wokish wouldn’t it Pig?

If you say so

Have a great 4th of July weekend my friend.

1 Like