In My Opinion we're in the middle of modern day book burning

Ah. So statues can be pulled down without destroying history?

2 Likes

I didn’t change anything, I used the specific term" White washed" and stated they have not done so.

You’ve already established you have no understanding of Germany or it’s memorials.

Rommel among others is honored throughout Germany in quite a few different monuments and museums.

The history of Saddam was still being written at the time as he was still alive, still the dictator, and still in Iraq.

Ok. That doesn’t answer the question. Statues can be pulled down without destroying history?

2 Likes

It shows the fallacy of your question and lack of even
a basic understanding of the “history” you cited.

So pulling a statue down immediately does not destroy history? 20 years later you still have the same thing, no statue-no history. It seems like you are saying that you don’t need a statue to remember your history.

Why did the Iraqis want to pull the statue down?

2 Likes

One more time since you seem not to understand even the most basic aspects of the history you are citing.

The History was still being written, Saddam, the dictator who had brutalized his country for forty years was still alive and still technically running the country.

Those statues were commissioned and put in place by Saddam himself to subjugate and intimidate the people he brutalized for 40 years.

Personal attacks aside…

Yet the statues came down how can the people remember their history?

Same thing in the USSR where they pulled down statues of Lenin decades after his demise. How can they remember their history?

2 Likes

You get the replies you earn.

Keep asking the same stupid question designed to get a specific answer in hopes of getting a “gotcha moment” and you’ll keep getting the same.

You question was nonsense and simply showed your own lack of understanding of the relevant history.

EDTA: Someone or someone’s is/are abusing the the flag process.

It seems you are very selective in which statues are needed for history and which are not. One might speculate as to your reasons.

Interesting that some histories deserve statues while others don’t.

2 Likes

More of the same garbage.

Put some study into it and maybe you’ll figure out the difference between events that occurred and people who lived over a century ago and monuments/statues built to commemorate people and events from prior centuries that are long gone vs ongoing current events and living people.

It may be tough but surely you’re up for the challenge… .

You neglected to discuss that most of them were put up by the KKK-supporting white supremacist Daughters of the Confederacy in their attempt to rewrite the history of the Civil War.

So I corrected you.

2 Likes

Your specious rationale doesn’t apply to the statues of Lenin being pulled down some 80 years later.

I didn’t neglect anything, I’m not here to teach the entire history and “most” simply isn’t supportable by known fact.

The rest is your own attempt to rewrite history.

Congrats, you’re right, and I’ve never mentioned it period.

No it is not an attempt to rewrite history.

It’s precisely what happened and you neglected it.

The bolus of these statues went up in the early 1900s…your own graph shows this.

They were commissioned/supported by the Daughters of the Confederacy.

The Daughters of the Confederacy were huge supporters of the Lost Cause Myth and the KKK.

They erected monuments to the KKK as well.

There is no question what UDC was…and is.

1 Like

So you believe to keep their history, that the Russians should have kept their statues to Lenin and Stalin in their public squares?

The rest of us cheered when they were toppled.

There it is. :+1:

Exactly. They are branching out past civil war statues anyway which reveals their true intentions.

They need to be dealt with harshly starting with Chaz/Chop.

Drag them out in cuffs.

1 Like

So why are the anarchists going after nonconfederate statues now???