In My Opinion we're in the middle of modern day book burning

They feature the exact uniforms with their insignia and unit insignia on the memorials.

The Battle Flag, one of many, was never The Flag of The Confederacy.

You remain dead wrong.

1 Like

I’m not playing this stupid game with you tonight, we know what is going on and you aren’t going to successfully twist it into anything else.

Yes there seem to be a cultural clash happening in America.

2 Likes

I am opposed to the destruction of monuments…if there’s a statue to General Robert E Lee that’s a learning opportunity for all of us.

And I said when this nonsense started happening years ago that once it started there was no telling when it would stop. Someone in Portland tore down a statue of George Washington and wrapped it in a burning American flag…

This is an attempt by a mob of thugs to destroy our history and to deliver a message that it, the mob, is In charge.

It’s disgusting cannot be defended and needs to be stopped.

4 Likes

By definition statues and memorial are art and they are used for teaching.

Yes. In fact, that Wiki article even shows an example of such acceptable use. A Me 163B Komet displayed… in a museum. Which is where some protesters want Confederate monuments moved to.

1 Like

The law does not specify what Symbols are illegal and it specifically allows them in art and for the purpose of teaching as I will quote for you again since you didn’t get it the first couple of times apparently.

" § 86a outlaws “use of symbols of unconstitutional organizations” outside the contexts of “art or science, research or teaching”.

By definition statues and memorials are art and they are used for teaching.

Again, try reading your links before posting them, all you are doing is spamming us with misrepresentations of what they say.

The plane is not a Nazi symbol, it’s simply a plane. :joy:

They feature the exact uniforms with their insignia and unit insignia on the memorials.

If you are thinking of a particular image, please link it directly.

The Battle Flag, one of many, was never The Flag of The Confederacy.

I’ve never even mentioned any flag of the Confederacy, so why you think this is relevant is beyond me.

Then exactly what “Confederate Iconography” are you talking about?

The plane is not a Nazi symbol, it’s simply a plane. :joy:

The blurb underneath the image reads:

A restored Me 163B Komet World War II rocket fighter with a historically accurate, low-visibility swastika shown on the fin, as displayed in a German aviation museum in 2005

The Swastika is visible on the tail fin.

Then exactly what “Confederate Iconography” are you talking about?

Using quotes implies that I’ve ever said the words “Confederate iconography” in this thread. I have not.

So unlike what you claimed earlier and as I have pointed out there is no complete ban on Nazi Iconography.

As for the above, I provided the link to many of these memorials that include the exact unit insigina and honor specific units including SS Panzer units.

Had you bothered to click on the links you would know this but I guess you need pictures to go along with the links.

Enlarged.

I have my friend…all along. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You equated the statues and monuments to Nazi Iconography repeatedly, don’t pretend otherwise.

Landmarks are erected to arouse curiosity and discussion. When the Israelites crossed the Red Sea they removed twelve stones from the middle of the Sea and piled them up on the side they exited, so that when their children asked, “What is this pile of stones here for?” their elders could give them a history lesson. The statue is neutral. A leftist can spin a Leftist yarn to explain it. And a Conservative can spin a Conservative yarn to explain it.

Of course, the side that needs to lie to make the statue and the history fit their ideology will find it easier to destroy the statue and remove the reminder that spurs a retelling of the truth they struggle to counter with their lies.

1 Like

Wait this can’t possibly be true according to you.

As I said before, Germany has no Nazi iconography.

Are you under the impression that the banning of iconography, that is symbols, means that Germany has also banned things like writing “1st Panzer Division” on graves? No. That’s absurd. It’s banned the symbols of Nazi Germany.

Fair. I should have been far more specific in the way I said “Germany has no Nazi iconography” to mean “Germany has banned the use of Nazi iconography except in specific circumstances and yet has not descended into ignorance of Nazi Germany’s history”.

One of the specific units honored is “The Adolph Hitler Brigade”. Both the Unit Insignia and Name of the unit appear on the memorial which I have provided to you now twice.

If you’d know that I have little doubt you would have but like with most of what you presented here in the form of spamming us with links you didn’t bother to read them and lacked any prior knowledge or understanding of what was actually there.

1 Like