In honor of memorial day. One of th e best national anthem moments ever

Exactly

The conflation of the symbols of the state with the military has really taken off lately.

Especially when it became a way for certain organizations could get money for being essentially a recruitment advertisement.

I am genuinely interested how someone comes across a video that was posted 4 Years ago on an obscure youtube account which just happens to be topical for the memorial day weekend.

1 Like

He must have been upset because bolt didnt drop to one knee.

I remember hearing red Skelton pledge of allegiance and have always thought what a remarkable way he described it.

Memorial day. Pray for our brothers and sisters who lost their lives for freedom. Freedom is not free.

2 Likes

I disagree with your comment. To me, it does not appear that he or others one the right side of the border said that. This is Memorial Day not pundit kick ball day.

Pundit kick ball is down the hall, door on the left.

Exactly what are you saying? I probably missed the intro.

Is there something wrong with loving our Flag, our service personnel who did not return, and Gold Star families? Please fill me in on your opinion. :us:. Freedom is not free.

Because it’s a message board where we express opinions.

Freedom is not free, my Brother. Peace, Bos’un

I was responding to @Safiel’s post.

No one said there was.

The opposite, however, was implied…that unless displays outward tokens of patriotism, one is not patriotic.

Could you fill me in. I would appreciate it. Thanks. Peace, Bos’un

Why are you making memorial day political?

@markdido ignore the comments from that one

@markdido, Some are good at trying to ruin Memorial Day, Christmas, Independence Day, etc. But they take those days off.

1 Like

I was asking a question to another forum members post. This is an innocent question. I am trying to understand.

Now I am confused what you are saying. Please explain further.

Because the OP did, second or third post in…

“I don’t expect you to understand. Love of country is what makes most people conservative”

Do you follow the leader or are you a trend setter. Because there was so much crazy political stuff going on, I could not read through each post. My dear brother Scratch, I spent 30 years day for day in uniform. I lost some friends to the politics of war. We served together, and I returned. Memorial day is a sacred day for me to remember friends and realize that freedom is not free. I would like to set aside partisanship for at least this day.

So you can go back to your partisan hand wringing. But I do not wish to be involved in ■■■■■■■■■ besmirching the flag, giving Trump the one finger salute, making fun of the star spangled banner, or other partisan game playing.