In honor of memorial day. One of th e best national anthem moments ever

I didn’t say anything about political now, did I?

Do try and keep up.

Not a sailor, but I was a Marine who served aboard ship before. You just reminded me that I had to remember the anthems of other nations, so I knew to stop and pay respect to them.

1 Like

Cool moment… not sure why it’s relevant now…

“Why did you libs feel the need to come in and piss all over”

Yes using the term “Libs”…definitely makes it non political…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, when it comes to which types of people disrespect the flag and anthem, it is pretty much just one side of the isle.

1 Like

Because not all threads need to be about Trump, Biden or COVID-19.

Long port visits in Naples were hell!

What ships? I did 2 Meds on the USS Iwo Jima (LPH-2) back in the 80’s.

What does the national anthem have to do with Memorial Day? Wouldn’t “Taps” be more appropriate?

The best versions ever are Whitney and Marvin

1 Like

Last Med cruise on Coal Sea, attached to F/A-18 squadron

Gotta say, Whitney’s was prob the best. The woman had a rare gift

1 Like

Because this is a discussion forum.

1 Like

Very cool. My last med (and last command before I retired) was Ship’s Company on the Enterprise.

Trump hits 1/4 of those marks…not bad I guess.

The flag.

The anthem.

All the symbols of the State.

Are just that.

Symbols of the STATE, not the underlying country.

As somebody who deeply despises nationalism and who regards patriotism as nationalism’s little brother, I don’t fete over the symbols of the State.

I love my country.

I do NOT love the State and frequently hold it in utter contempt, regardless of whether Republicans or Democrats are currently behind the steering wheel.

I do hold one symbol of the State in particular contempt, that being the Bellamy Pledge.

**** Bellamy and his fascist little Pledge.

As for Memorial Day, you can honor deceased Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines without feting the State that may on one hand have sent them to fight and die justly (i.e. WWII) or on the other hand may have sent them to fight and die in vain (i.e. Vietnam).

Memorial Day is not for the glory of the State. Only those that fought and died should be honored, with no honor or recognition going to the State.

4 Likes

You guys really need to stop with the I’m holler then you because I am a conservative. When you try to diminish my love for this country because I am a liberal you make a fool of yourself.

4 Likes

No love for those who sacrificed their lives so you could be free?

That is what the song is about.

1 Like

Why should a persons patriotism be rated based on liking an Anthem?

Just because someone does not weep and wail everytime they see a flag or hear then Anthem does not make them any less patriotic.

They only take issue with the counter-punches, never the originals. :man_shrugging:

My guess is Usain Bolt would have paused the interview no matter which country’s national anthem was being played.

1 Like