In case you missed it, Dem's voted to keep the shutdown going . . .

And yet illegal immigration has been declining for years.

1 Like

Looks like Nancy Pelosi’s approval numbers are the highest in years. Yeah 36 percent might not be much to brag about for most politicians, but Nancy should stand her ground if she wants to maintain the positive momentum.

Ok. But earlier in the thread you said Dems were at fault because they didn’t want to vote for a clean CR (an erroneous interpretation on your part).

Now you have learned Dems did vote for a clean CR yet they are still at fault. Why the change?

1 Like

Did you see that recent news article about the record number of illegals who tunneled under the wall a couple weeks ago?

So now that the OP is proven to be absolute bull, suddenly it’s back to the old, “both sides” ploy, huh?

So it’s not congresses fault that we havn’t had a budget in how many years? that they kick the can with short term CR’s.

That my friend is the fault of the entire congress.

I thought it was the Dems fault?

The issue indeed is that both sides are at fault along with the voting public.

Until this tribalism stops nothing will change. There rise of Trumpism has only accelerated the problem. The hardcore Trump supporters would gladly swallow a mouthful of **** if it made a liberal gag. When politics becomes more about schadenfreude than what is best for the nation, we all lose. And we’re all losing right now because of this stupid ****.

2 Likes

So, are you now claiming that the media was protecting Republicans by not reporting on this? Just checking how consistent you are here.

[quoye]
Now I want any of you libs to tell me WHY all but 6 dem’s in the house voted to keep the government closed? Is it because it was written and introduced by a republican? Are the Dem’s in the house insistant on holding the workers hostage?
[/quote]

So now you know that the Republicans voted to kee govt closed. Are the Republicans holding the workers hostage or just Dems? Or is it now magically both?

The current one? yes. Remember they only control 1/3 of the government. Yet THEY are trying to dictate to the other 2/3’s. See anything wrong with that?

Mostly congress through. The congress critters on BOTH sides are more concerned with staying in office than doing what’s right.

Oh just stop it.

The President is controlling the Senate. They already had a clean bill that would pass both chambers until he decided to listen to the TV instead of his constituents.

Hey the government running and then work on an actual comprehensive security package that details appropriations instead of a blank check designed to placate his base.

2 Likes

I did not and never have argued for a 2000 mile wall. Don’t put words in my mouth.

I have always believed where they make sense they should be built.

Walls Work…In El Paso…This town is proof that Trump’s wall can work. “Federal data show a far-less imposing wall than the one Trump envisions — a two-story corrugated metal fence first erected under the Bush administration — already has dramatically curtailed both illegal border crossings and crime in Texas’ sixth-largest city, which borders the high-crime Mexican city of Juarez.”

Here’s the Laredo College story. “Laredo Community College solved its illegal-immigration problem with an eight-foot-tall, mile-long fence.” Laredo Community College & Border Walls -- College Proves That Walls Work | National Review.

Walls are going up all over the world. Walls aren’t a new phenomenon, as even CNN admits. But the rate at which they’re springing up is certainly unprecedented. At least 65 countries now have border walls or barriers, making this one of the few times in recent history where America has been “behind” on an issue. Walls Around The World That Work: Britain Is The Latest Country Bolstering Its Borders.

DHS wants and needs some help. We Must Secure The Border And Build The Wall To Make America Safe Again | Homeland Security.

Walls Work | Homeland Security.

Release Date December 12, 2018. WE ARE BUILDING THE FIRST NEW BORDER WALL IN A DECADE . “DHS is committed to building a wall at our southern border and building a wall quickly. Under this President, we are building a new wall for the first time in a decade that is 30-feet high to prevent illegal entry and drug smuggling.”

I keep reading this stuff about Visa Overstays, as if the fact that more people are coming here illegally in one way than the other is a justification for not taking action. We need to deal with both problems…Visa overstays and the southern border. Just because more people are overstaying their Visa’s doesn’t mean there aren’t 100’s of thousands of people trying to get in here illegally across the southern border.

OF all the things our government spends money on, a few billion that is in effect a rounding error to build physical barriers where they make sense is one of the most sensible investments we could make in America. If that’s not true why have people like UpChuck Schumer voted for border walls in the past? Why was border fencing built during Obama’s presidency? Why were walls, fences, puppies and kittens whatever you folks want to call them a good idea in 2006 and 2013 but now they are “Immoral” in 2019…

We all know the answer. Anything to prevent a Trump success story even if it’s the right thing for the country…And that’s just sad.

Senate passed a clean bill that was also changed in the house.

Still doesn’t negate the fact that D’s hold ONE of three branches and the ONE is trying to dictate to the other two how things should go.

The Supreme Court doesn’t have a dog in this fight.

They have no control over appropriations.

Blah

Three branches of the legislative system . . . . better?

Gotcha.

Understood.

Three branches of the legislative system?

Wha?

There is only one legislative branch.

Trump made demands and until his demands are met, he’s going to keep the government shut down.

You know how to tell who the hostage taker is? They’re the one making demands. That’s Trump. There’s no way around this.

So San Fran NaN and UpChuck Schumer aren’t making demands? Wow…

There are offers on the table for discussion…those two poster children for term limits have been AWOL to anyone but tv cameras.

Give me a break.

Here I ll meet you half way…a pox on all their houses. This should never have gone on this long.

Now having said that…Pelosi and Schumer have been in office since 1981 for Chuckie and I forget either 87 or 89 for San Fran nan. It’s literally possible that every illegal alien living in America has arrived on those two idiots watch…they’ve not come close to trying to solve that problem…so why anyone would treat those two as anywhere close to credible is a mystery to me.

Im dumbfounded how Republicans are cool with his behavior